Where do I go from here - Carmine DeLuca

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Where do I go from here - Carmine DeLuca

Post by legnoduro »

Hello,
I have been trying to find any records of my great-grandfather after his arrival from Italy to the US. He emigrated with his wife and two children arriving in New Jersey in 1913. He appears on the 1920 census with his family in addition to his new son-law (my grandfather) in Elizabeth, NJ. The 1930 census shows my grandfather and his family (my mother and her siblings) but there is no record of my great-grandfather. I have photo documentation of him in 1922. I was told by my mother that my great-grandmother passed away in the US and I have a hand written list of gifts and attendees to her wake. I believe her death was in the 1920's. I thought my great-grandfather went back to Italy but cannot find a return trip on any ship after 1922. Any advice that will help my research would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Richard
Romano1970
Master
Master

Re: Carmine De Luca from Pietrelcina, Benevento Campania

Post by Romano1970 »

Date of Arrival : October 23 1915
Ship of travel : Europa
Port of Departure : naples

Could this be him???
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Carmine De Luca from Pietrelcina, Benevento Campania

Post by legnoduro »

This info shows a departure from Naples. I have his manifest from Italy, I am trying to find any records of his leaving the US for Italy after 1922. I can't find any records of him after the 1920 census.
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help finding records for Carmine De Luca from Pietrelcin

Post by legnoduro »

I recently found a copy of my great-grandfathers birth act. The copy was issued in 1948. It states that its use was for possible immigration. Is it possible that this birth act was requested for his child's use?

legnoduro
legnoduro
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Help finding records for Carmine De Luca from Pietrelcin

Post by legnoduro »

Hello,
I have located my great-grandfather in the 1910 and 1920 census. I have found his manifest from ellis island. I have an ancestry.com account and have been trying for a very long time to locate any additional information about him and have failed to find anything additional. I remember vaguely being told when I was young that he returned to Italy. If this is the case shouldn't there be a record of him leaving? He also bought property with my grandfather, would he have had to have a SS# to do this.
I have hit a dead end. Is there anyone who can give me some direction as to how I might proceed from this point?

Thank you
Legnoduro