Where to go next?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Where to go next?

Post by Sirena »

I was looking for a death record for Maria Michele Morelli - married name Iacovitto.- who died in San Giuliano di Puglia between 1900-1910. She was born in 1866 but had 3 older sisters with the same name. The LDS films only go as far as 1900. What is my next best option? Thank you.
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Re: Where to go next?

Post by Poipuo4 »

Well, if you get the integral copy of the birth act you could luck out and maybe there will be a notation of death in the margin. I have seen that happen. The other thing you can do is write directly to the commune for the death record. I don't know if they would search your range of 10 yrs. for you. Usually they will only search one year...unless they take puty on you. Your other option would be to hire an Italian reseacher. Riccardo on this board who goes by riccbru is one such researcher. He has done good work for me.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm not sure what you mean by the integral birth act. I have only what was on the film. I have found others on the films that had marriage & death notations but not on this one. Is the integral something different?
Poipuo4
Elite
Elite

Post by Poipuo4 »

Oh, if you have the films, you have the interagl act. Sometimes when you write to the comune, they will only send you an extract. They look at the original birth act and write down on a modern day form your ancestor's birth date and the name of his or her parents and maybe the hour of birth. The integral act is the actual original act. But you have that already on the film with no notation of death. Frustrating! So, I would say write to the comune and ask if they would search for you. All they can say is "no" right? Or contact ricbru (Italian researcher) on this board or hire someone in Italy to search through the records for you.
http://www.celenzaheritage.com

dedicated to the people of Celenza Valfortore, Province of Foggia
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

Hi,

I don't think she has the integral act because the films end in 1900 and her relative died after that date. You are right in that she needs to write to the comune for further info. As long as Sirena has the right name and birthdate, the comune should be able to provide the date of death. :D
Sirena
Elite
Elite

Post by Sirena »

Thank you both. I'll let you know how I make out.