Linic', Papic',Cergnul, Gobicamec? Help with names

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Linic', Papic',Cergnul, Gobicamec? Help with names

Post by cerg »

Hi ,

My name is Kristina Cergnul. I am looking for information on the following people:

Guilia Cergnul married to Josip Linic'. Guilia was born 10-3-1927, She was in Belgrade in 1962 with husband. I am not sure if 1962 is the year that they were married or if they were just in Belgrade at that time.

Ida Cergnul born 1-5-1926, she was married to a Papic' in 1946 Rijeka.

Marija Cergnul born 4-22-1929, she was married to a Koor Gobicamec? in 3-22-1990. I am not sure of the spelling of the name.

Gualtiero Francesco Cergnul born 6-10-1934 married to Eda. He changed his name to Valter in 1967 and he passed away 2-1-1995

Elizabetta (Elsa) Cergnul lived in Rabazzi and then at the top of the page it says:

Matteo, Belatto 77 Kapelica.

I am not sure what the origin of these surnames are other than Cergnul. I have also found Cergnul spelled Cernjul but with no verification that they are the same family as I am. The location of teh names of this towns are also unknown to me.

As for the name Gobicamec, please if anyone has an suggestions as to what else this name could be let me know. I have provided a link to the information that I have. I got this information from a woman that was over in Croatia visiting. Thank you for your help!

[img=http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/3575/doc1vg7.th.jpg]
Best Regards,
Kristina
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Linic', Papic',Cergnul, Gobicamec? Help with n

Post by cerg »

Hello,

I am also looking for information on the surname Fadogi, as with the other surnames I am unsure of their origins.

Thanks, Kristina
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
Rabazzi is a family name and not a town. Rijeka is in Croatia and when that territory was Italian the name was "Fiume". Kapelica and Goricanec are two small villages, one NorthEast and the other SouthEast of Zagreb, Croatia.

Ada
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Rabazzi seems to be quite common in Tuscany. Fadogi doesn't sound correct, do you have another spelling?
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Goricanec is also a Croatian family name, it might come from the small village I mentioned before.
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Ada,

Here is a link to a copy of the baptismal record that I got the name Fadogi from, also did you look at the link the the other information that I put in post?

http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/952/ ... ordok2.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=doc1vg7.jpg

Kristina
cerg
Veteran
Veteran

Post by cerg »

Hi,

I have had someone translate the baptismal record and here is what I got:

Diocesis Parentino-Polesine Albona-Istria-ITALY
Faith of baptisms and births Pisinense Political District
number: 493

In the Anno Domini (GOD YEAR) 1894, month of October, day 31, in this parish under Dom. N., Bergotti locality, is born and day ... to priest reverend .. Gregorio BOREA (or Borca) with catholic ritual is baptized Joannes( Giovanni) born and baptized 31/10/1894, male gender, legitimate son;

father: Mattheus( Matteo) CERGNUL son of Matthei (Matteo) agricultor,
mother: Eugenia FAGODI ex- orphanage;

godfather: Josephus (Giuseppe) Rabor (?) Ales. (Alessandro) MARTINI;

obstetrician: Magdalena (Maddalena) PICOT.

of which, in faith this testified letter XIII ° ex christenings book, pag. 304, faithfully extracted, Albona church college Parish sealing, with my own signature.
Albona ex parish office 10 april 1938..
Don Silvio Ca..o ZANONI parish priest

So I was incorrect about the spelling of Eugenia's surname is was spelled Fagodi not fadogi. So there are some more names that I need some help with. I would really like to find something on Eugenia and Matteo!

Thanks!
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
Near Albona there is a small village called Kapelica, you can see it with Google maps. Albona isn't anymore part of Italy, it is Croatian and the name is now Labin.
As concerns the surname Fagodi it could be just a "fantasy" name given in the orphanege.
I saw the two links and what you read Gobicamec looks to me Gobicanec which is both a Crotian surname and a village (you can see that on Google maps too). Sorry not to be able to help you more.

Ciao
Ada
Kap5661

Post by Kap5661 »

Also researching Cergnul Surname.

Please contact me to discuss.

FamilySearch5661@comcast.net