Bardetti ??

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bardett

Bardetti ??

Post by bardett »

Hi, Please can you help. I have traced my family Bardetti as arriving in Hull, UK in the the 1860's we believe. How do I find out more in Italy, it appears that there are very few even now and they are centred around Piacenza. I'd appreciate any help.
bardett

Re: Bardetti ??

Post by bardett »

I guess I'm looking in the wrong place, can anyone suggest where else I could start, any help appreciated
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

If you're interested finding living relatives you can use this site:

http://www.paginebianche.it/index.html

type Bardetti in Cognome and PC in dove, you can see there are 22 persons listed under the last name Bardetti in the Piacenza area.
If you want to write a letter to your potential realtives you can write it in English and then open another post on the Italian Language Section of the forum where you can find help to translate it.

Laura :D
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Bardett and welcome to the forum. You say you think you've traced your Bardetti arriving in the UK in 1860's so sounds like you're not certain. Are you not certain about the year of arrival or uncertain of the Bardetti's you found as possible family?

Can you give us some more details please. Names, approximate ages, children (with names and ages).

Do you have any marriage certificates, death certificates, census info? If so which info do you have.

I searched the steve morse site for passengers coming to the US by that name and there are only about 15 listings all of them coming from a town called Morfasso in the Piacenza province and only one coming from a town called Luganano in the province of Piacenza. So this might mean there's a chance your family came from one of these two towns also.

There are LDS microfilms for the towns and if any of the information you provide lead in that direction you should be able to find birth acts, marriages and deaths of family members. The records span 1806-1929.

Let us know what info you have and we'll see if we can help out.

Elizabeth
bardett

Post by bardett »

Thanks BillieDeKid

I was a bit out on my dates when I re checked

Raeffaelo Bardetti was born Italy in 1885 and shows up on the 1901 census in Newcastle, England.

Would love to find out more. Many thanks
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi

Do you happen to have his marriage certificate? It might list where he was from in italy and that would give us a starting point. It should also list who his parents were which would be good too.

Do you know the name of his wife and where he got married?

Also, can you post the census you found, it might give us some clues so we can help.
mickyb

Post by mickyb »

raffaelo bardett was my grand father,he had a brother jerome who moved to glasgow where there is a clan of bardettis.raffael had 5children(all deceased)but his decendants still live in newcastle.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a Pietro Bardetti born 1883 in England who departed Liverpool in 1906 immigrating to the USA at Philadelpia, Pennsylvania. Does this assistyou in any way? =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Further there is a listing for Bardetti in England from 1866 to 1928 which you can find at www.freebmd.org.uk/cgi/search.pl

It may prove helpful to your researches. =Peter=
mickyb

Post by mickyb »

my cousin and I have just returned from morfasso having met the mayor and shown around the district where there is a hamlet called bardetti.some bardetti's actually live there.we looked up past records in morfasso town hall and there are plenty of bardetti's there .we also visited a cemetery with plenty of bardett's there.
bbragoli

Post by bbragoli »

My grandmother was Mariana Bardetti who was born about 1861 in the village of Bardetti , and was married to my grandfather Giovanni Bragoli. Bardetti village is on the road to Morfasso. I know she had relatives in Newcastle as I was told by my father who died in 1946 in London, England. Members of the Bardetti family also emigrated to Canada and mostly live in Montreal. They both died in Italy my grandmother Marianna Bardetti Bragoli in July 1932 at the family home in Castelletto di Vernasca, Province of Piacenza.
carlobar999

Post by carlobar999 »

My name is Bardetti, my family live in Bardetti near Morfasso, also trying to start a family tree, any help