Famiglia Gnecco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
atenorio

Famiglia Gnecco

Post by atenorio »

I am searching the origin of my ancestor Manuel Gnecco del Ribero, probably in Génova, approximately 1750. Can you help me?

Thanks

Alfonso Tenorio Gnecco
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Famiglia Gnecco

Post by suanj »

atenorio wrote:I am searching the origin of my ancestor Manuel Gnecco del Ribero, probably in Génova, approximately 1750. Can you help me?

Thanks

Alfonso Tenorio Gnecco
Hi: the first name manuel is Emanuele in italian language, very strange it is an Emanuele Gnecco that in 1766 priest of "Confraternita SS.Vergine del Rosario di Nervi" in Nervi-Genova, and also many others Gnecco priest..http://digilander.libero.it/turchininervi/priori.htm

Normally it is an trasmission of first name in persons of same family.. really probable your ancestor coming from Nervi-Genova; more, Gnecco family is very important and ancient family in Genova area.. but this surname was present also in others italian region; in the archivio di stato of ragusa-Sicily it is this document:
"ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI RAGUSA
SEZIONE DI ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI MODICA - Amministrazione Samson e Gnecco , 1798-1894, voll. e bb. 27.

« Amministrazione Samson e Gnecco » , 1798-1894 , voll. e bb. 27. [vol. III, pag. 862]

Vedi anche Archivi di famiglie e di persone, Grimaldi, p. 867. Pergamene relative all'amministrazione della contea sono in AS Palermo, Diplomatico, Università degli studi di Palermo, p. 295.."
If you sure coming from genova, you send an email asge@archivi.beniculturali.it ARCHIVIO DI STATO DI GENOVA (for all Genova area) and you demand any info on your ancestor, regards, suanj
GLAO

Re: Famiglia Gnecco

Post by GLAO »

Sr. Alfonso Tenorio Gnecco:

It is unfortunate that this may reach you several years after your inquiry. According to the genealogy of the Family Gnecco which is maintained at the Associazione Nobiliare Genovese Ligure, Manuel Gnecco del Ribero was the son of Manuel Antonio Gnecco and Maria Lucrecia del Ribero y Bernardo. Manuel Antonio Gnecco was born in 1720 or 1721 in Almería and was one of five known adoptive children of Gian Gerolamo Gnecco and Tomassina Gnecco, who was apparently barren. The parentage of Maria Lucrecia del Ribero y Bernardo is of Spanish origin in the province of Jaén. Manuel Gnecco del Ribero and his father Manuel Antonio Gnecco were both sent as students to the University of Genoa from 1772 to 1775 and from 1736 to 1739 respectively.