surname

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
katrina

surname

Post by katrina »

I am interested on the surnames Barbati, Barbatti, Barbacci and Barbaccia. does anybody knows the above surnames' origin?
Katrina
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: surname

Post by suanj »

katrina wrote:I am interested on the surnames Barbati, Barbatti, Barbacci and Barbaccia. does anybody knows the above surnames' origin?
Katrina
Barbatti have small presence in Italy and is an version misspelled of Barbati surname diffused in all Italy; Barbacci and Barbaccia are surnames tipically of Italy center regions(Umbria, Marche etc..)suanj
jstrez7

Post by jstrez7 »

i noticed you were looking for the surname Barbaccia- are you related to the Barbaccia Family fromCaccamo? I am too Would like to talk to you , Please contact me.
katrina

Post by katrina »

jstrez7 wrote:i noticed you were looking for the surname Barbaccia- are you related to the Barbaccia Family fromCaccamo? I am too Would like to talk to you , Please contact me.
My surname is Barabaci or Barbacci and I am living in Athens Greece. I am also searching my genealogy and I was surprised when I found, some years ago, that the same surname as well as similar to that spelling were existing in Italy and Sicily. It might be from some centuries ago that either families from Greece moved to next country or the vise versa as you know population movements during the Byzantine and later during the Venician period were very often. I would be glad if I could help you in any way to your search.

Katrina
jstrez7

Re: surname barbaccia

Post by jstrez7 »

Thanks for replying. i have noticed variations in the spelling and even misspellings in the American records as well, so you may be right -we may be able to connectI have been workning with a professional researcher who has traced my line back to the 1700's in Sicily, but maybe your line and mine will come together. Contact me off the website at my personal web address- jstrez7@comcast.net Thanks again and can't wait to hear from you.