Anselmi from Elba Island

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
venezolano

Anselmi from Elba Island

Post by venezolano »

I am looking for a birth certificate for my great great gran father. He came to Venezuela with several brothers and sisters from Elba Island probably in 1855. His name was Lorenzo Anselmi Tancredi. I am not sure about the town, possible Portoferraio or Marciana Marina. I do not not his birthdate.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

is a part of France not Italy. Howver, to obtain documents from the town(s) you think are correct send the request to LA MAIRE (The Mayor) of each town so that it will be sent to the proper department in the municipality. Give as mich information as you can as to approximate date of birth or year of birth and enclose your self addressed envelope with a few dollars inside for stamnps. Peter
venezolano

Post by venezolano »

Peter, thank you for the answer.

Elba Island is part of Italy. It is in the region of Toscana, Livorno. I will look for the municipallity addresses for Portoferraio and Marciana Marina.

Mauro.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

venezolano wrote:Peter, thank you for the answer.

Elba Island is part of Italy. It is in the region of Toscana, Livorno. I will look for the municipallity addresses for Portoferraio and Marciana Marina.

Mauro.
Yes Elba isle is italian, as the Sicilia and Sardegna, only Corsica isle is of French:

Municipio di Portoferraio
via Garibaldi, 10
57037 Isola d'Elba (LI)
Italia
tel. +39 0565.937111 fax. +39 0565.916391

Municipio di Marciana Marina
viale Cerboni
57037 Isola d'Elba (LI)
Italia
tel. +39 0565.99368

Regards, suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

oooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about thinking Elba was part of France. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa mea culpa. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:oooops!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sorry about thinking Elba was part of France. Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa mea culpa. Peter
Non ti preoccupare Peter... :wink: :wink: suanj