cuppello

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nic.c

cuppello

Post by nic.c »

i have and am looking for onfo on the cuppello family, my info dates back to the early 1800's in manchester england
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: cuppello

Post by PeterTimber »

I see that they showed up (all 6) in the 1861 census in manchester and in Italy, oddly enough there is one Cuppello in one town in the Lombardia region of Italy. Needless to say if you go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Cuppello in the first line and Lombardia inthe second line and then clcik CERCA you will find a listing for Cuppello, (no first name) residing in Somma lombardo inthe Lombardia regiion of Italy. The site will give you his/her? full address and telephone number.

Should you wish to contact that person with a potential relat ve letter in Italian you might wish to go to www.mangeruca.com (English/italian website) and send a form letter to the Cuppello's in Somma Lombardo you might come across a relative. The town may be the seat for the family surname as well. Please let me know as I am interested. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Postscript: the town of Somma Lombardo is located in the NW part of Lombardia region is in sthe province of Varese and has a postal code 21019 should you elect to write. =Peter=
nic.c

Post by nic.c »

thanks for that info, ill have to brush up on my italian before i get in touch!!
some of our family also went to detroit in 1921 and ended up in canada and i have been in touch with relatives of thier bloodline in the past few weeks. the real subject of my investigation is regarding my great great grandfather lewis(louis) and his father joseph(guiseppe) who are supposed to be from genova.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

How can I assist further in their regard? =Peter=
nic.c

Post by nic.c »

well, i have a copy of lewis's marraige cert and it states his father was joseph, a farmer. lewis (louis) was born around 1824 in italy so i pressume his father stayed there. i have recently travelled to genove and around the ligurian coast asking through people native to the area and the cuppello name seems to have all but disapeared from living memory in the region. as you can imagine i am drawing a blank and its frustrating to say the least!.
as my family settled in manchester before the famous time of "little italy" in the ancoats area i dont even have our name in any archives in my home city!!
we are supposedly from chiavari in liguria but as i said im now drawing a blank so any help atall would be greatly appriciated. nic cuppello
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Nic.c,

I'm from Liguria region, I think the correct spell of the lat name is Copello....

Laura :D

http://italia.indettaglio.it/eng/cognom ... guria.html
nic.c

Post by nic.c »

hi laura, there are still only a few cuppello's in italy and i have copys of marraige certificates etc and about 70 living relatives fo louis cuppello here in manchester. also in the uk census documents the cuppello name in ireland and scotland goes back to the late 1700's so i know its spelt correct. we have friends from chiavari, the sivori family, who came to england much later than our family and its the fact that my name is very rare in italy that is giving me problems. nic.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

He also shows up in the 1861 census as being born in 1822 and was aged 39 at time of census in manchester, lancashire there are subsequent entries for later census in the www.findmypast.com which is free if you only do name checks and follow items of minimal numbers of entries for entries other than the census. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is an Italian language website at www.genovaforum.altervista.org which I am a member. Should you wish to pursue this avenue since it is not in english please let me know so that I can e-mail you my user name and passwiord for you touse to gain access and ask about your Cuppello's.

Furhter sometime in 2003, the Biritsh Isles Vital Records Index was put out by the LDS and at the time 7.3 million records were added to the listings so that rthere were at that time 10.4 million birth/christening records and 1.9 million marriage records for England, Ireland and Scotland and wales from 1530-1906. It is not a complete record but the best so far.

Annette Mills will do lookups for you at jeddamills@hotmail.com but I do not know if that e-mail is still operative. Hope this helps. =Peter=
nic.c

Post by nic.c »

thanks for the help, this is all restoring my faith!! louis (lewis) is also found as cuppetto living with maybe his brother in tha 1851 census but its the connection to italy im after so i hope this will get me there, thanks again
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I received notification that Lewis is from Genova area of Italy which we already know but the person who I requested to do the BIVR check is someone new and I explained we needed the place of origin for Lewis in the Genova area and that he was last known to be in the 1851 census records. Presumably she will lkook further. Just thought you would like to know. =Peter=
nic.c

Post by nic.c »

ive found a person who has lewis listed as coople in the england 1841 census and have emailed them for an explanation as to how they got this info (as im really not believing it). had no answer yet from them, i dont believe it as it lists him as a cap maker (cuppello=hatmaker), and lewis became an iron broker/dealer, as did his third son. louis father was joseph(guiseppe) and was a farmer,i got this from a copy of his marraige cert from 1852.
cant believe the help from this site its incredible, thanks again.