Looking for info on Salvatore D'Angelo-Palermo, Sicily

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
amosjo75

Looking for info on Salvatore D'Angelo-Palermo, Sicily

Post by amosjo75 »

Help! I am looking for any info on Salvatore D'Angelo. His son Antonino moved with his wife Anna Ribaudo from Ustica Island to New Orleans. I can trace as far back as Salvatore, but having trouble before that. This D'Angelo family came out of Monreale. I have been told by my Uncle that Salvatore got into a fight with another family. To keep from losing his life he and his family was sent to live on Ustica Island. After his and his wife (Giuseppa Romeo) died Antonino (along with siblings) went to live with is Aunt.

I can't find record of Aunt or Siblings. Any ideas?

Thanks
Amy
misbris
Master
Master

Re: Looking for info on Salvatore D'Angelo-Palermo, Sic

Post by misbris »

Amy,

Welcome to the forum.

Can you put this in any time frame? When was Salvatore born? When did he die? Do you have any immigration records? Any specific information you can provide will help in the search.

Mary Jo
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi!

Don't know if I understand well the post (my english is not very good :oops: ) but I found this 1891 arrival manifest to New Orleans about:

Ribaudo Anna Age 30 (aprox birth year 1861)
travelling with:
D'Angelo Maria age 10 (1881)
D'Angelo Giuseppa age 6 (1885)
D'Angelo Salvatore age 3 (1888)
D'Angelo Gaetano age 1 (1890)

Please note the first name of the first son of Anna: Salvatore.... (possible Antonino's father?)
Are these the ancestors you're looking for?

Ops!! Edit... i forgot the link to the manifest image...
[img=http://img158.imageshack.us/img158/2158 ... ab7.th.jpg]

Laura :)
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Possible WWI Draft Registration Card for Salvatore D'Angelo (son of Antonino and Anna)

[img=http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7407 ... id0.th.jpg]

Note: birth date May 19, 1887 in Ustica - Sicily
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Possible death dates about Anna Ribaudo:

Name Age Sex Date of death Vol page
Ribado Annie - 55 yrs F - 09/30/1911 - 153 - 232

The age don't matches with the previouse year of birth....

Laura
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

:) And the others childrens for Antonino and Anna:

From 1894 Orleans Parish Birth Index

Last and first name of child: D'Angelo Francesco
Father: Antonino
Mother last and first name: Anna Ribbaol
Sex: M
Race: W
DoB: 06/19/1894
Vol: 103
Page: 758

From 1895 Orleans Parish Birth Index

Last and first name of child: Dangelo Vincenzia
Father: Antonino
Mother: Anna Riba
Sex: F
Race: W
DoB: 12/04/1895
Vol: 106
Page: 454

Lat and first name of child: Dangelo Bartola
Father: Antonina
Mother: Anna Bibaulo
DoB: 08/05/1898
Vol: 115
Page: 1160

Laura
amosjo75

Post by amosjo75 »

Antonino D'Angelo moved with his wife and 4 children from Ustica Island to New Orleans, Louisiana in the early 1890's. It is his father Salvatore D'Angelo and mother Giuseppa Romeo that I am having trouble finding any info on. Salvatore was born btw 1810-1839 in Monreale. That is where the family originated from before they moved to Ustica Island. That is the only info that my Uncle could give me. I know that Antonino was born on Dec 31, 1861 and he died June 12, 1924 in New Orleans, Louisiana. I have conflicting info on where Antonino was born, it is either Ustica Island or Monreale. I can't be certain.
amosjo75

Post by amosjo75 »

??
jaguillory726

Post by jaguillory726 »

Hello, my name is Jared Guillory, and I am looking for information in the opposite chronological direction. Salvatore D'Angelo is my great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side, and I am looking for specific information on his grandson, also named Salvatore D'Angelo, b. 20 Apr. 1887 in Ustica, Sicily as far as I know. He died 13 Jun. 1957 in Gulfport, Mississippi. My specific question is, do I have any claim to Italian citizenship through this more recent Salvatore? If he was not naturalized as a U.S. citizen before his son Michael Joseph D'Angelo was born in March 1916, then the Italian citizenship would have passed on to Michael Joseph, my mother Lisa Anna, and then me. If anyone has any information, however trivial, that they are willing to share, I would be most grateful. I also have some information on the D'Angelo side of the family, although none of it is rock-solid, most of it is from information other people had already managed to come up with from Ancestry.com. Anyway, I am very interested, and I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks a lot :)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello Jared, yes you can apply for italian citizenship.
These are the documents you need to collect before applying.
I hope it helps, bye Riccardo

----------------------------------------------------

Italian Citizenship from: MOTHER - GRANDFATHER - GREAT GRANDFATHER

Mother - Grandfather - Great Grandfather: Your maternal grandfather was born in your native country, your maternal great grandfather was an Italian citizen at the time of his birth, you were born after January 1st, 1948, and neither you nor your mother nor your grandfather ever renounced your right to Italian citizenship. If citizenship is acquired by birth in your country and you meet all these conditions, you qualify for Italian citizenship jure sanguinis. You must obtain certified copies of the following documents:

Your maternal great grandfather's birth certificate from Italy.
Your maternal great grandmother's birth certificate
Your great grandparents' marriage certificate (If married outside of Italy, you will need an apostille and a translation into Italian.)
Your maternal great grandfather's certificate of naturalization OR statement of "No Records"
Your maternal grandfather's birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your maternal grandmother's birth certificate
Your grandparents' marriage certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your mother's birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your father's birth certificate
Your parents' marriage certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your birth certificate (with apostille and translation)
Your marriage certificate, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
Your spouse's birth certificate, if applicable
Birth certificates for all your children under the age of eighteen, if applicable (with apostille and translation)
Any applicable divorce decrees/certificates (with apostille and translation)
Death certificates for anyone listed above (with apostille and translation, if for your mother, grandfather or great grandfather)

All Certificates: must be new “CERTIFED COPIESâ€
jaguillory726

Post by jaguillory726 »

ricbru, thank you very much. However, from my previous research I had found exactly the information you gave, which is very helpful, but before I go about obtaining all those records, I would need to know more information to determine if it is possible for me. This website here http://www.italiamerica.org/id6.htm states my problem: I don't know if my great-grandfather was still an Italian citizen at the time of my grandfather's birth, and if not, I would have no claim. If anyone has any helpful information (personal knowledge, similar research, a reference to someone who specializes in this, etc.), I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks again ricbru :)
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello, as u can read on the website, you need to contact USCIS - Homeland security in Lee Summit, Missouri, Nara Archive local office and local courthouse where your ancestor used to live.
And u need from this 3 office a certified negative answer (if your ancestor didn't naturalize ever) or you need the naturalization papers, if any, from USCIS. I know it will take a lot of time, but still it is worth to wait
Good luck
bye Riccardo
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

jaguillory726 wrote:Hello, my name is Jared Guillory, and I am looking for information in the opposite chronological direction. Salvatore D'Angelo is my great-great-great grandfather on my mother's side, and I am looking for specific information on his grandson, also named Salvatore D'Angelo, b. 20 Apr. 1887 in Ustica, Sicily as far as I know. He died 13 Jun. 1957 in Gulfport, Mississippi. My specific question is, do I have any claim to Italian citizenship through this more recent Salvatore? If he was not naturalized as a U.S. citizen before his son Michael Joseph D'Angelo was born in March 1916, then the Italian citizenship would have passed on to Michael Joseph, my mother Lisa Anna, and then me. If anyone has any information, however trivial, that they are willing to share, I would be most grateful. I also have some information on the D'Angelo side of the family, although none of it is rock-solid, most of it is from information other people had already managed to come up with from <a href="/http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-3166187-10456885" TARGET="_blank">Ancestry.com</a>. Anyway, I am very interested, and I hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks a lot :)
Hi Jared!
Not sure if this is your family's census
1910 census image
If it is, it appears that both Salvatore & his father were naturalized by 1910.
Valaarie
amosjo75

Post by amosjo75 »

Thank everybody who has replied, I know it has been long while. I haven't been able to find much more info on Salvatore D'Angelo or his wife Giuseppa Romeo. All I have is an estimated birth date for Salvatore of 1810 and Giuseppa of 1819. The estimated married date is 1851. His son Antonino was born in Monreale, Palermo, Sicily, so I assume that is where Salvatore lived. I know that isn't much to go on.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The civil records for Monreale (and Grisi as well), PA sicily are onmicorfilm from 1820 on up to 1910. You can locate the nearest Mormon family historylibrary (wwwfamilyhistorylibrary.org nearest your home and rent out the microfilm for about $5.00 and check out the births,marriages and deaths.

Tyhere are also 4 churches in Monreale that may also have records earlier than 1820. =Peter=
~Peter~