Giannotti/Baldacci Barga Lucca Italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
lizziebeth

Giannotti/Baldacci Barga Lucca Italy

Post by lizziebeth »

Hi I'm new to thisso bear with me please.
My Grandfather was Antonio Giannotti from Barga born in 1878 came to UK around 1900. Died in Wales in 1955. He married my grandmother Winifred Dughan in Stoke on Treant in 1906.

His father was Rafaello Giannotti (marble carver?) and mother Rosa Baldacci - her father was Antonio Baldacci. I have this information from a baptism record but that's all it says. He had a brother Pietro Guiseppe born about 1866 (he may have emigrated to USA) and a sister Maria Anna Agnese born about 1873. All in Barga Lucca.

That's all I have. Anyone with anymore info on any of them I would be grateful.
Many thanks
Liz
p.s. I don't speak any Italian
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Giannotti/Baldacci Barga Lucca Italy

Post by PeterTimber »

There are civil records (BMD's) for Barga from 1866 to 1910 on microfilm at your nearest Mormon family History Library which will enable you to trace the family back to 1866 and earlier by information about GGrandparents. Take along a book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson and a magnifying glass since the record sare handwritten in Italian script.

Furhter you can go to www.paginebianche.it and put in the surnames of interest toyou inthe first line and Barga in the second line and click CERCA for any listings. Youmight wish to contact any relatives with potential family letters in Italianby going towww.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello_italy-letter.html

Keep us posted. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

MichaelSerchio
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MichaelSerchio »

You might be interested in joining the Barga Genealogy Research Group: http://barga.homedns.org:81/
lizziebeth

Post by lizziebeth »

Thanks to both of you for the very useful info. The sample letters are great - I'll be trying them. There are a few likely looking people in the pagesbianche.

I have contacted Barga Research Group about joining too.

I've put what I know to date on a public tree on www.ancestry.com - Eliz Giannotti Family Tree.

I think this is the start of a long and winding road!

Regards

Liz
Rap1977

Post by Rap1977 »

I am related to the Baldacci's of Barga. I have some information on the family but do not have info on the individuals you mentioned. My g-g-g grandfather Antonio Baldacci was born 8 Mar 1825 in Barga and married twice and had children with both. Maybe with more information I could help?
lizziebeth

Post by lizziebeth »

Thanks for the reply. I too thought my g g g was Antonio Baldacci baptised March 1825 in Barga. I have copy his baptism record but I have not as yet found his marriage, death or any children records or any records relating to his parentys siblings etc.

The married twice might be significant. I don't know when my ggmother Rosa (antionio's daughter) was born but I have what I think is her husband Rafaello Giannotti baptism records 13 september 1853 in Barga so I am guessing she would be a few years either side but have not found her yet. I was beginning to think the Baldacci trail had gone quite cold but perhaps you might have some info that fits into my jigsaw.

I have joined barga research group which is great and I am ploughing through all the records on ths site slowly.

I'm at liz.brindley@btinternet.com. I would appreciate anything you can tell me.

many thanks.

liz :)
bardini47

Post by bardini47 »

my grandfather Vito Baldacci arrived 1900 to Ellis Island via LaChampagne ship
bardini47

Post by bardini47 »

I also have a picture of Vito Baldacci, when I heard of my grandfather his last name was Bardi, I think lots of last names were changed to a shorter name, easier to pronounce? There was a Dino & Dena (sp?) Baldacci also, we have family pics of.
lizziebeth

Post by lizziebeth »

Hi

I have now traced my Baldacci line back to 1600's. I have no Vito in my direct line. Do you know his fathers name?