FILETI / FILLETI / FELLETI (Veneto province)

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Cinquini
Rookie
Rookie

FILETI / FILLETI / FELLETI (Veneto province)

Post by Cinquini »

Hello, I am looking for information on the family Filleti.

Angela FILLETI b. abt 1872-73 in Italy, prob. Colle Umberto, province of Veneto. Children of Giovanni Filleti and Lucia Nardi

I dont know which surname is correct, I think the most correct is FELLETI.

Would love to hear from you
misbris
Master
Master

Re: FILETI / FILLETI / FELLETI (Veneto province)

Post by misbris »

Hi and welcome to the forum,

Here is a website that will show you the distribution of those names in Italy.

http://www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi/genera.html
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

I have to agree with you that Felletti is the proper surname for Veneto. There are currently 19 listed in the www.paginebainche.it website (put Felletti in the first line and Veneto onthe next line and click CERCA for all 19 by full names,addresses and telephone numbers. Look over the 19 names and perhaps you wil see someone whoe first names are familiar to you. =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Are you looking for US records? Italian records? What have you obtained so far?
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Cinquini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cinquini »

wldspirit wrote:Are you looking for US records? Italian records? What have you obtained so far?
wldspirit
Hi

I've searched brazilian and italian records with no success 'til now. I know they came to Brazil around 1888 (perhaps 1 year less, 1 year more).

They stablished at the city of Tiete nearby Sao Paulo. Angela Felleti married Pietro Pellegri (from Capannori, Lucca) in 1890. She died at Sao Paulo city in 1951. I've a copy of married documents where it states they were living at Tiete for 2 years and a half in 1890

All these dates are aproximated, because registers at that time aren't trustable.

I know that passport was issued at Colle Umberto (don't have the issue date) at 1888. So I think they arrived in Brazil at the beginning of 1888.

Hospedaria dos Imigrantes (portuguese for Immigrants hostelry, a place where immigrants stayed when they arrived at Santos port before get a job at a farm) doesnt have registers of theirs passage through there.

Colle Umberto's comune has replied my letter stating that they have only records from October 1871.

Any glue, idea or indication for a place to look for is welcome.
Valmir Cinquini
-----------------
Looking for surnames: CINQUINI, TOMMASI, BENELLI, MILANESI, FILLETI (or Feletti), NARDI, PELLEGRI, RINCON GALVEZ, LACHICA PEREZ
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Valmir canyou please explain what you are researching?? Are you looking for the townof origin in Italy for your Felletti family or in Brazil?? =There are records for Brazil that we can look up and also in Italy but which way do we go and what are we looking for? =Peter=
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

The surname is probably FELETTI not FELLETI.
There are a lot of them in Colle Umberto (I live about two miles from the town).
There is only one church there, so wan't be so difficukt to find something IF she was born there.
Cinquini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cinquini »

PeterTimber wrote:Valmir canyou please explain what you are researching?? Are you looking for the townof origin in Italy for your Felletti family or in Brazil?? =There are records for Brazil that we can look up and also in Italy but which way do we go and what are we looking for? =Peter=
Peter, I'm looking for the birthdate of my great-grandmother Angela Feletti (someone here said this is the correct spelling, Feletti)

Her passport was issued at Colle Umberto. AS posted above, the comune said they have only records from October 1871. I suspect she was born one year before.
Valmir Cinquini
-----------------
Looking for surnames: CINQUINI, TOMMASI, BENELLI, MILANESI, FILLETI (or Feletti), NARDI, PELLEGRI, RINCON GALVEZ, LACHICA PEREZ
Cinquini
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Cinquini »

wishyou wrote:The surname is probably FELETTI not FELLETI.
There are a lot of them in Colle Umberto (I live about two miles from the town).
There is only one church there, so wan't be so difficukt to find something IF she was born there.
Wishyou, do you have the address of this church? If its possible, would you mind talk to the priest toknow if there are some birth register of my great grandother Angela, daughter of Giovanni and NARDI Lucia, born probably between the range of 1870-1872?
Valmir Cinquini
-----------------
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

Hello,
this is the address of the parish

Reverendo Padre
c/o S. Tomaso Apostolo
Piazza Chiesa, 31014 Colle Umberto (TV)
Italia

telefono: 0438/39746

tomaso2@virgilio.it

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo