Brancacio now Branco Surname from Cicily and/or Colabria

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
FireFleitz

Brancacio now Branco Surname from Cicily and/or Colabria

Post by FireFleitz »

I am seeking information on these Surnames/People in Italy. I know of James Brancacio born abt 1895 in Italy. He married Philomena (Mae/Mamie) Joyce/Joye who was born Aug 31 1900. I am searching for information on them in Italy and their ancesters. Thank you in advance.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records are in the town of origin. May I suggest that you check out the ellis island website for arrival information should you not know his birthyear. If he died after 1963 there may be a record in the social security death index. In any event you have to condcut your own research as I only refer people to appropriatye websites and addresses. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Brancacio now Branco Surname from Cicily and/or Colabria

Post by suanj »

FireFleitz wrote:I am seeking information on these Surnames/People in Italy. I know of James Brancacio born abt 1895 in Italy. He married Philomena (Mae/Mamie) Joyce/Joye who was born Aug 31 1900. I am searching for information on them in Italy and their ancesters. Thank you in advance.
the exact spelling is BRANCACCIO surname, tipically of Sicily, calabria, and Campania region.. but for know the origin place of James(Giacomo?)Brancaccio please visite www.ellisisland.org
regards, suanj
FireFleitz

Post by FireFleitz »

I think that the ancestors I speak of actually came in through Philladelphia. I have heard conflicting reports. I will look on the ellis island database. However does anyone know of a database/website for Philly? Thanks to all of your help!!!
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Yes go to the Family History Library for the microfilm of passenger arrivals at Philadelphia from 1883 to 1948 and reqest NARA (USA archives) T526-3 and -4 depending on the first and last names which should correspond to the family history library catalogue#1380258 and 9 and look uyp their arrival. Peter
FireFleitz

Post by FireFleitz »

Thank you very much peter.
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you need further assistance please get back here. Peter
ginabrancacio

Post by ginabrancacio »

My paternal grandparents Mikele & Rose (Scalia) Brancacio were from Piana degli Greci, Palermo, Sicilia. They emigrated in 1907 & 1910. Piana is now Piana degli Albanesi. This village is about 20 miles from Palermo. The correct spelling is Brancaccio. Since you are looking for Brancacio, I assume we are related