Considering tracing biological father

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
duckspud

Considering tracing biological father

Post by duckspud »

Greetings! Not sure if i'm asking in the right place. but i figured its worth a shot.

ok, so i've never met my dad, although i have recently learned a little about him. my mum met him in Sorrento, Campania in 1984. i don't have a huge amount of information, although i do have his name, Alfredo Palumbo, and believe he was born in 1956, which would make him 52ish. I'm told he lived on the "duo golfi" and regularly went fishing on the coast. His uncle, who's name i do not know, ran a cafe called the "smoking cat" in St Agata. This is all the information i have, and as i'm sure you can understand, i'm eager to learn more about my roots!

so, to my question...

given the amount of information, and that i don't speak Italian, what would be my best bet at tracing my dad and his side of my family tree??

Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated, thanks for reading.

regards, rob
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Considering tracing biological father

Post by PeterTimber »

There are 20 listings for Palumbo in Massa Lubrense which is a suburb within the town of Sat'agata sui due Golfi, 8061 (Naples province) Campania region. Go to owww.paginebianche.it and put in Palumbo in the first line and Massa Lubrense in the second line and click CERCA.

There is no Alfredo but perhaps amongst the 20 there is another Palumbo with a familiar first name to your family that may relate. In any event you could request a birth record from Sant'Agata Sui due Golfi by writing to their municipal offices at Uffiso di Stato Civile, Comune di Sant'agata..........etc, 80061,(Massa Lubrense),(NA), Campania, Italy using the form requesting a long form birth record for Alfredo Palumbo called ESTRATTO DI NASCITA. This can be found at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html

On the chance that you wish to contact anyone that you feel may be related in Massa Lubrense send a form letter tio a potential relative at http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... etter.html

Please keep us posted and we are here to support your efforts all the way . Lots of luck to you. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: Considering tracing biological father

Post by liviomoreno »

Rob, Sant'agata sui due Golfi is a hamlet of Massa Lubrense, close to Sorrento in the province of Napoli.

If you google "sant'agata sui due golfi" "smoking cat" you will find a few references of the Smoking Cat cafè that is still existing.