Romano, Lorenzo Registered Alien

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Romano1970
Master
Master

Romano, Lorenzo Registered Alien

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi, I have been looking up Social Security info on all of my Grandparents , but my Grandfather Lorenzo Romano did not seem to have one by the registered alien card that was provided by BIFF.

I have some questions with that. It seems he had a Grocery store from the 1930's until he died in '55. I know that my grandmother Carmela Nigrelli Romano did not apply for a soc sec card until he passed.

What kind of Identity cards would they both have had to have for tax purposes and the like to run the store.

Would they both not have to have at least green Cards or Citizen Ship papers ,something along those lines ?
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Romano, Lorenzo Registered Alien

Post by PeterTimber »

Dear Michael on the slopes. Go to www.ncy.gov/html/records/home.html for NYC department of Records and information services..

I think I already gave you the photo record of their store at www.NYC.gov/html.records/home.html
=Peter=
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hi Peter. That site came up as "You have reached an outdated page on NYC.gov, the Official New York City Web Site."

I think I already gave you the photo record of their store at www.NYC.gov/html.records/home.html
=Peter=

Also, A photo record of thier store in Passaic on 295 Oak street. I do not believe you did send that at any point? If you did I must have missed that.
Michael Romano

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Boy am I getting dated...I seem to think that the store I am talking about was around 106th street and Second avenue, in nYC but most likely for someone else...and just recently too!

There was, just a few months ago a photo, of ANY NYC house/building taken in 1939 but is now gone. I suspect for some AH security regulation promulgated by another paranoid city AH employee who has destroyed more history than necessary. =Peter=
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

PeterTimber wrote:Boy am I getting dated...I seem to think that the store I am talking about was around 106th street and Second avenue, in nYC but most likely for someone else...and just recently too!

There was, just a few months ago a photo, of ANY NYC house/building taken in 1939 but is now gone. I suspect for some AH security regulation promulgated by another paranoid city AH employee who has destroyed more history than necessary. =Peter=
Peter,
Tax photos online:
(search is on the side bar to the right)
http://www.nyc.gov/html/records/html/ta ... home.shtml

Sometimes the collection from the Library of Congress has something…
http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/index.html
Valarie
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Dont worry about it peter.

It seems as if what you say about people destroying history is becoming an epodemic of sorts. My Father in law is the Director of Ellis Island ( I know ....ooooooooh ). I had the chance to speak with the woman who runs the Genealogy Library there and she was telling me the story of when the first found the Ship Manifests on the third floor of one of the buildings there. Once they had them all scanned into the system. They Destroyed the originals. When I asked her why they would knowingly destroy History she really did not have an answer for me. I suspect it would be so no one else could get thier hands on them.
Michael Romano

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Try the www.nyc.gov/html/records/home.html and upper left side is photo gallery and put in 1939 nyc and see what happens. If not working then go down to Photo gallery and have fun. =Peter=
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Michael ask your Father-in-Law if he knows where is the index of the 4 digit numbers appearing in the Castle garden.org immigrant arrival website indicating their destination in the USA for the arriving immigrants?? If you do this I will be the first to visit you in Denver and lend you my wife's ski equipment so she can't come with me. =Peter=
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Peter, would that site you just gave me work for NJ as well. Passaic NJ ?

Let me see what I can do for you regarding your request. I am supposed to be going to Ellis again soon.
Michael Romano

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Yes it is for the entire USA..So far James Bond and I have the following digits identifiied as destinations for immigrants 2880=Canada, 3455 =Bermuda, 7778=NYC, 5115 San Francisco..Take a look at the www.castlegarden.org website and take a copy of the arrival records for you to show them...By the way i will pay for one day ski pass and booze in LODO. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:Yes it is for the entire USA..So far James Bond and I have the following digits identifiied as destinations for immigrants 2880=Canada, 3455 =Bermuda, 7778=NYC, 5115 San Francisco..Take a look at the www.catslegard,org website and take a copy of the arrival records for you to show them...By the way i will pay for one day ski pass and booze in LODO. =Peter=
The link doesn't work :cry:
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

A simple typing error, I'm sure Romano knows Peter is speaking of
Castlegarden.org.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

of CourseI do.
Michael Romano

PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

IT IS FIXED LIVIO!!!! Have a Happy New year. =Peter=
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

wldspirit wrote:A simple typing error, I'm sure Romano knows Peter is speaking of
Castlegarden.org.
wldspirit
Pensavo che le informazioni pubblicate in questo forum fossero disponibili per tutti e non solo per Romano.
Grazie :evil: