Veronesi - Lago di Ledro and Lago di Garda

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Veronesi - Lago di Ledro and Lago di Garda

Post by Veronesi-Guardini »

Buongiornio!

I am trying to find out information regarding the birth and family of a Luigi Veronesi

What I know:

He was a Garabaldino, born in a town somewhere around Lago di Ledro, where exactly I cant say. He was adopted to be his brother by a man named Illuminato Guardini (b.1806), who moved to Riva del Garda in about 1816

I dont know when he adopted him. I estimate that Luigi was born around 1830 (+/- 10 years)

He went on to marry a woman called Emma in Riva del Garda. She was much younger than him, born in 1875. They had 3 children. Luigi died in 1906 in Riva del Garda. His wife lasted until 1952!

His children were Vittorio, Elena and Amadeo. My grandmother, Emma Elena Veronesi-Guardini was born in 1927 in Riva and died in 2005 in Torquay, Devon

Any information or leads for Luigi would be greatly appreciated :)
uantiti
Elite
Elite

Re: Veronesi - Lago di Ledro and Lago di Garda

Post by uantiti »

Hi,
Where did you get tge information that Luigi Veronesi was a "garibaldino"? There is no mention of any Veronesi nor Guardini in the list of the "garibaldini", you can check in this list

garibaldini

Have you tried requesting for his death act from Riva del Garda city Hall offices? The LDS church has microfilmed the Church records for Riva del Garda in case you are interested.

Ada
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

My father visited the museum in Riva, where there is a picture of Luigi Guardini-Veronesi (as this was after his adoption)

The description on the picture say that he volunteered to fight in the campaigns of 1863, 1865 and 1866 along with his adopter Illuminato Guardini

My father also took a photo of the grave, but cant find it. We know he died in 1906 from the new grave, as the graves were moved and changed in his cemetery!

Thanks for the LDS heads-up. There is an LDS library near me in Exeter. If I ring up, do all centers have the same records?
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

They can request films from Salt Lake City, Utah. =Peter=
Veronesi-Guardini
Rookie
Rookie

Thanks :) I will ring them in the new year. I don't think they are there today!