SALVETA, Maria Francesca 1850-1900

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
matr

SALVETA, Maria Francesca 1850-1900

Post by matr »

Hi, can anybody help me with information on Maria Francesca Salveta. She was married to Pasquale Rosato & had a son named Domenico Rosato who was born in Casalattico in 1898, any information on any of these people would be greatly appreciated.
Regards Mat.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: SALVETA, Maria Francesca 1850-1900

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to www.familysearch.org for location of nearest Mormion family history library where you can rent out the microfilm of the civil records for all births,marriages and deaths in Casalattico (FR) ffrom 1809 to 1879. The fee is about $5.00 and if you take along the companion book Discovering Your Italian Ancestors by Lynn Nelson and a maginfying glass you will be all set.

For any additonal or later records you can write to Uffico di Stato Civile in Casalattico (FR). Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Casalattico then click on the name and see address for "Municipio". There is often an url(www) for the town itself.

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for form letters in Italian when making requests for documents. =Peter=
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to IG!!
Can you give us a few more details? Are you looking for US records or Italian records?
Can you provide the birthdate for the parents, or even the year? If they immigrated to the US, in which state did they reside?
What records have you collected so far, this way research is not duplicated...
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi, can anybody help me with information of the Rosato's from the Casalttico area in between 1800-1900? In particular Im searching for information about Pasquale Rosato(DOB unknown) his son Dominico(DOB 1898) & Pasquale's wife Maria Francesca Salveta. Regards Mat.
Info above from duplicate post.
wldspirit :)

matr

Post by matr »

From what I can gather thus far Maria Francesca Salveta was most likely born in the town of Casalattico(c1870/1880) give or take a few years.
She married my Great Great Grandfather Pasquale Rosato (date/place unknown but thought to be Casalattico).Pasquale & Francesca had two children Angelina Rosato (born approx 1894) & Domemico Rosato(born 1898). Both children were born & raised in Casalattico.
All that I know about Angelina is that she married a man by the name of Pietro(surname unknown) & they moved from Casalattico to somewhere near Florence.
Pasquale had a sister named Anna Rosato(born c1880) she married a Gia Cinto Magilocca(born c1880). It is believed that Gia C Magilocca also came from Casalattico. They had a son Antonio Magilocca.
Domenico(Pasquale's son) first marriage ended when his wife(Unknown) died during child birth. He again re-married Eliza White & lived in Cork, Ireland.

wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Have you sent to the town of origin for any record request?
wldspirit

matr

Post by matr »

No not at this stage, I have only just started tracing my ancestors in the last week or so & due to not speaking Italian I have been concentrating on searching through Genealogy sites & records that are in English. I have started looking at online translators(Babel Fish etc) & have had various mixed results so far. I hope to have some spare time this evening to go to the sites that PeterTimber has suggested(Thank you to PT).
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

You have enough information to either send for a record request, or to search thru the microfilm. The microfilm is an excellent resource!
Here are some sites to get you fully prepared:

Film Notes

Locating a center near you

Italian Genealogical Word List

Latin Genealogical Word List

Italian Letter Writing Guide

And from member Trish, a summary on using microfilm:

The proper way of obtaining microfilm from a Family History Center
1. You go to www.familysearch.org

2. Click on the tab on the top right called Library

3. Click on the words Family History Library Catalog

4. Click on the words Place Search and type in the town you are looking for. Then click the word search.

5. A list of the results will show up. (an example: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)

6. Click on the link you are looking for such a Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Vital Records. A new page will appear where it will show all the films for Vital Records

7. Click on the link you want such as Death Registries.

8. Click on View Film Notes and a list of the microfilm numbers will appear.

9. Click at the bottom of the page, For a printable copy, click hereand you will get a form to print out with all the film numbers.

10. Click print.

Ordering Microfilm

1. Now the FHC does not have all the microfilm in their possession.

2. You have to order the microfilm which takes 3-4 weeks for it to arrive.

3. It costs about $5.75 a roll for 30 days of viewing time.

4. If you need to renew the microfilm, it cost about $5.50 for another 60 days.

5. If you need to renew it after the 60 days, it will cost another $5.50 and the films can be kept on an indefinite bases.

6. Microfilm must be viewed at the FHC.

7. Copies are $0.35 a page.

Written and Created for the Family History Center of Cherry Hill, New Jersey - by PTCTM - Trish - 02/2006

Hope these links help clarify your research!
wldspirit

matr

Post by matr »

Thank you for the information. Regards Mat.