naturalization record

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

naturalization record

Post by belmoro19 »

I was wondering if anyone could help me find a naturalization record for Francesco Battaglia,born April 5,1888 in Soriano calabro,italy.wife's name was Maria lucia or Lucia Stirparo-Battaglia.H e had several children mary,james,martin.they resided in delaware and new jersey.on the 1920 census of wilmington delaware it said he had filed the papers.on the 1930 census in pleasantville new jersey it said that he was naturalized.so i guess between 1920 and 1930 this would have happened.any help would be appreciated.
thank you
tonyric
Veteran
Veteran

Re: naturalization record

Post by tonyric »

Nevermind, wrong one.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

I haven't followed through yet so I don't have a positive result to brag about. Call the local courthouse prothonotary office where they might have naturalized. I called the courthouse where my ancestors would have gone and they had my grandfather's naturalization date and a certificate number. They also had the info of my grandmother's intent to naturalize. I was then instructed to get in touch with the Pittsburgh PA office, but got a series of menu items and a reference to USCIS.gov (US Citizenship and Immigration Services). There you will find some information. Sorry I don't have more. I just got started and have not requested anything yet.
donnawright
Elite
Elite

Post by donnawright »

Tonyric, do you have access to these records? If so, I am looking for Liberato Biagianti, Domenic Biagianti, Egelsa Biagianti, Assunta Biagianti, and Agrecio Biagianti. I know that Liberato naturalized for sure from the 1930 census and that Egelsa, Assunta, Agrecio, and Domenico were aliens.

Thanks
Looking for Biagianti, Modesti & Vincenti in Tuscany and Tomaino, Curcio, Mazza, & Rizzo in Calabria
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Would start with Delaware. If they were naturalized after 1922, Lucia would have had to applied on her own. Prior to that, wives were made citizens on their husband's papers.

You can also probably search at www.familysearch.org and see if they have the naturalizations on microfilm. You can rent these at your local Family History Library.

The first papers: Declaration of Intent and the Petition for Naturalization have the info you probably are looking for. The actual citizenship papers don't have all the information contained in these two documents. Since they were already processing papers in 1920, good chance these are definately in Delaware records.

Good Luck
belmoro19
Rookie
Rookie

Post by belmoro19 »

thank you everyone for the info.does anyone know where or how to send for naturalization records for 1921-1930 in delaware or southern new jersey.from what i've seen the records are 1932-1950's.on the nara site is the same years range nothing before 1932
thanks again
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

Again, these records are available on microfilm at the Family History Library:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... +1795-1932++

The NARA in Philadelphia covers both the Delaware and NJ applications and citizenships papers:

http://www.archives.gov/midatlantic/pub ... story.html

You should be able to get some information from them.

Good Luck
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

belmoro19 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could help me find a naturalization record for Francesco Battaglia,born April 5,1888 in Soriano calabro,italy.wife's name was Maria lucia or Lucia Stirparo-Battaglia.H e had several children mary,james,martin.they resided in delaware and new jersey.on the 1920 census of wilmington delaware it said he had filed the papers.on the 1930 census in pleasantville new jersey it said that he was naturalized.so i guess between 1920 and 1930 this would have happened.any help would be appreciated.
thank you
on Francesco ship's manifest ( by biff http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2826 ... 909xu9.jpg )
are the marking abt naturalization (?):
3-209776-875-29 Jan 1909
regrads, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH