Grottaglie - DELL'AQUILA Vital Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
blujay
Rookie
Rookie

Grottaglie - DELL'AQUILA Vital Records

Post by blujay »

Hello,
I was able to view microfilm of birth records in Grottaglie (1851-1860) from my local Family History Center. They listed the births in alphabetical order at the end of each year. My great great grandfather's name, Antonio Vincenzo DELL"AQUILA did not appear. The only thing close was an Anna Maria DELL'AQUILA born in 1858, daughter of Nicola DELL'AQUILA and Arcangela CARROLI. I know my great grandfather, Ernesto (b.1884) DELL'QUILA's eldest brother was named Nicola DELL'AQUILA (b.1878/9). Quite possibly named after his grandfather?
Since my great great grandfather Antonio Vincenzo DELL'AQUILA appears not to have been born in Grottaglie, should I request his death extract? My grandfather Consalvo DELL'AQUILA (still alive) has told me that he died circa 1929. Since trying to track down A V DELL'AQUILA's marriage extract has been very frustrating to say the least is there any other way of finding his place of birth besides a death extract or stato di familia originario certificate?
Thanks as always for your replies,
blujay :)