Birth Certificate HELP!!!!!

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
dnod

Birth Certificate HELP!!!!!

Post by dnod »

hello good people I am in need of some assistance on obtaining a copy of my birth certificate. As I was not born in Italy but am a citizen and hold an italian passport through parentage, I have been told by the Italian consolate that Ufficio di Stato Civile del Comune may be able to assist. Does anyone have any idea how i could get a birth certificate, as that really means nothing to me , thanks in advance.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Re: Birth Certificate HELP!!!!!

Post by ChrisMosca »

where were you born?
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master

Post by johnnyonthespot »

dnod wrote:hello good people I am in need of some assistance on obtaining a copy of my birth certificate. As I was not born in Italy but am a citizen and hold an italian passport through parentage, I have been told by the Italian consolate that Ufficio di Stato Civile del Comune may be able to assist. Does anyone have any idea how i could get a birth certificate, as that really means nothing to me , thanks in advance.
Ufficio = Office
di Stato Civile = of Civil Status
del = of the
Comune = community/town/village

Contact the office of civil status in the city/town/village in which you were born or last resided in Italy. A useful guide can be found here.
dnod

Post by dnod »

I was born in Zimbabwe which getting a birth certificate now is totally out of the question. Being registered in Posina Vicenza (and I dont live in Italy so I cant just walk into the office in Italy) any ideas of what website I could go to and make an application or contact. Any ideas greatly appreciated many thanks.
wishyou
Veteran
Veteran

Post by wishyou »

This is the website of Posina (VI)
http://www.comune.posina.vi.it/

but there is not e-mail, only a phone number.
dnod

Post by dnod »

thanks for your very fast information for the website
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

While we are at it do not forget to send your request in Italian and use a form letter which you will find in www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsof wisdom-form-letters.html =Peter=
~Peter~
nuccia
Staff
Staff

Post by nuccia »

When writing to Italy, best to provide a copy of your Identification, along with your request (in Italian as Peter stated) as well so they will release the information to you.
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
dnod

Post by dnod »

thanks to all for being so kind for shedding some light on how I may start what seems a long process ahead