I need advice on what other options I have

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

I need advice on what other options I have

Post by ChrisMosca »

Hi and thanks for all the help, this place has been the greatest thing since sliced bread.

I'm looking for information on Pacifico Mosca, his son Salvatore Mosca born around 1843 in cingoli, Macerata moved to Treia, Macerata between 1867 and 1871. Salvatore died in treia in 1895 on his death certificate it shows as his dad being alive but his residence is unreadable. The comune of cingoli and treia told me they don't have any records of Pacifico Mosca. I did sent letters to 9 churches in cingoli for any information on a birth certificate for Salvatore that may have more information on his dad Pacifico. Is there anything else I could do in the mean time? thanks everybody for taking the time.
Chris Mosca.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
BillieDeKid
Master
Master

Re: I need advice on what other options I have

Post by BillieDeKid »

Hi Chris

Try posting the document with the unreadable residence on the translation forum here (unless you've already done that). Maybe someone will be able to decipher for you. It's worth a shot.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The first idea that comes to mind is to write for military records since in some regions military records begin about 1792 and since Pacifico was born approximately 1840 in the province of Macerata which was then considered a part of the papal states, there might be a military record.

You can send an e-mail to as-me@beniculturali.it and select either cingoli or Treia as a possible town of origin for Pacifico and his possible conscription. If you go to www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/saviello2.html and look under conscription records for italian langiage equivalent in sending an e-mail.

This is about the only other immediate way that I canthink of that may oproduce results in short order. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:...

You can send an e-mail to as-me @ beniculturali.it and select either cingoli or Treia as a possible town of origin for Pacifico and his possible conscription...
The address above belongs to the Archivio di Stato in Messina.

To send a request to Macerata you'd better use
as-mc @ beniculturali.it
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

see it will get there. =Peter=
~Peter~
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

PeterTimber wrote:see it will get there. =Peter=
Do you mean that the email will go to Macerata even if it is addressed to Messina? :o
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

thanks everybody for the advice, I'm hoping to get through this wall.
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Please keep me posted about the military records during Papal State control of the area at that time. Sorry about the error but grandpa is always there to pick up the mistakes. =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

this is the e-mail responce I got, did I not ask for the right thing?
any help with translation will also be good
Prot. n. 404/28.34.07

In riferimento alla sua ulteriore richiesta e come già comunicato con e-mail del 15 gennaio 2009, si fa presente che questo Archivo di Stato non conserva gli atti di Stato Civile (nascita-matrimonio-morte-stato di famiglia) per i quali documenti è necessario rivolgersi al comune di nascita dell'avo, in questo caso al comune di Cingoli ( e-mail : comune@cingoli.sinp.net) ed anche al comune di Treia (e- mail: comune@treia.sinp.net).
Inoltre per gli atti di Stato Civile precedenti il 1860 è necessario anche rivolgersi all'archivio della Curia Vescovile del comune di nascita dell'avo, nel suo caso alla Curia Vescovile di Macerata (www.macerata.chiesacattolica.it.
Distinti saluti.

Responsabile del Servizio
Dott.ssa Nadia CAPOZUCCA
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

With reference to your further request and as already communicated in the e-mail dated Jan 15 2009, we notify that this Archivio di Stato does not keep civil status acts (Birth,marriage,death and Family status), for these documents you must address the request to the city where your ancestor was born, in this case to Cingoli (e-mail : comune @ cingoli.sinp.net) and also to Treia (e- mail: comune @ treia.sinp.net).
Furthermore for civil status acts before 1860 you also need to address the request to the archive held by the Bishopì's administration, in your case the Curia Vescovile di Macerata www.macerata.chiesacattolica.it
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

can someone help me navigate through this website and find were I can address my request to the archive held by the bishops administration the curia vescovile di macerata www.macerata.chiesacattolica.it

thanks Livio for the translation!!!!
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

You may try to write to segreteria @ diocesimacerata.it
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

thanks again!!!
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

If you wish to send a letter you can address it to the Ufficio Giuridico Diocesano, Piazza S. Vincenzo Strambi 3, Macerata 62100, Marche, Italy. =Peter=
~Peter~
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

well I got a responce from San severino Marche and it doesn't look good. here is the responce, which I translated roughly to unknowns in our records

Sconosciuti ai nostri atti
Giovanni Giuliani

this is the email I've sent
Me chiamo Christopher MOSCA, Cerco delle informazioni dei Pacifico MOSCA e Marianna CECANTI.
Suo figlio Salvatore MOSCA era nato a cingoli intorno a 1842-45 ed è morto in 1895 nel treia. Cerco delle informazioni di quando Pacifico e Marianna sono morti.
Il Treia e Cingoli non ha a registrazione di Pacifico e di Marianna muore nel treia. Lei potrebbe potere dirmi se Pacifico è Marianna morto nel San Severino Marche intorno a 1870-1910?
Ringraziarla molto, se devo inviare il denaro fatemi sapere dove inviarlo a.

Cordiali Saluti
Christopher Mosca