Riccardelli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Riccardelli

Post by johnlabarbera »

Looking for any info that can help me determine the town of origin for the family of Joseph Michael Riccardelli. Joseph was born in New Jersey 9 Jun 1911 and died in Texas 9 Sep 1989. Riccardelli is a rare name and many come from Minturno I believe. Joseph Michael had a son named Donald Ray and grandchild Michael all born in Texas. So I suspect there is a Michele in the lineage.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Riccardelli

Post by PeterTimber »

If you go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi and put in Riccardelli inthe upper left and click Cerca you will se the name distribution for that surname in Italy. 23 cities, towns and villages are listed with 6 in the far north regions and 17 between the regions of Lazio and Campania. Perhaps if you go to the directory at www.paginebianche.it and put in Riccardelli inthe first line and the region names you can review the listings by full names. Perhaps even family oral history may help you here. Please keep us posted. =Peter=
~Peter~
Biff83
Master
Master

Post by Biff83 »

John,

Was Joseph Michael a member of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division? Located an individual with this name on the 1930 census at Fort Sam Houston but birth year is about 1908.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
johnlabarbera
Veteran
Veteran

Post by johnlabarbera »

Biff83 wrote:John,

Was Joseph Michael a member of the 23rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Battalion, 2nd Infantry Division? Located an individual with this name on the 1930 census at Fort Sam Houston but birth year is about 1908.

Biff
Yes that's him, his death records show a birth date of 1911 though so we're close