[b]Surnames: MAIUCCORO or DELLA VENTURO[/b]

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jfara1

[b]Surnames: MAIUCCORO or DELLA VENTURO[/b]

Post by Jfara1 »

Looking for any information. Maiuccoro and Della Venturo lived in Schenectady New York. We are planning a trip to Italy and would like info on Maiuccoros and Della Venturos in Italy. I have no family history iinformation.
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: [b]Surnames: MAIUCCORO or DELLA VENTURO[/b]

Post by ptimber »

In Italy all records,documents,histoiry and family are in the town of origin. Did you go thru ellis island to find information about your ancestoir who arrived in the USA. That will give you date of birth and town of origin. Once you know town of origin then go to www.paginebianche.it and put in surname of choice in first line and town of origin in third line and click CERCA for any eprsons having thew same surname int hat town who may very well be related to you. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

There are NO Maiuccoro incoming at ellis island but there are 76 and they all appear to come from Maddaloni. Maddaloni is locate din the province of Caserta in the Campania region. Go to www.paginebianche.it and put in Della Venutro in the first line and Maddaloni in the third line and clcik CERCA. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Jfara1 wrote:Looking for any information. Maiuccoro and Della Venturo lived in Schenectady New York. We are planning a trip to Italy and would like info on Maiuccoros and Della Venturos in Italy. I have no family history iinformation.
Hmm the exact spelling italian surname is DELLA VENTURA and many people emigrated coming from Maddaloni town in Caserta province-Campania region(Bravo Peter :wink: )..regards, suanj
Essgee
Master
Master

Post by Essgee »

There is one Philip Mairiuccia in Schenectady....is this your relative?

Wife Palma
Children:
Mary
Rose
Fred
Peter
Lorraine
Armando

Find nothing more....
Jfara1

Post by Jfara1 »

WOW! This is amazing. I appreciate all the help on this puzzle. Thanks for the help on Della Ventura. I'm also looking for RUTUNDI now from the Tome area. I've learned more about my maiden name of Maiuccoro. My aunt mentioned that the Maiuccoro's were more "calabrase." Also it is believed that the spelling was changed when my great-grandfather came to the states, and that a loose translation would of its meaning would be "me heart". Literally "my heart" translates to: il MIO CUORE so I may need to consider alternate spellings. We are making progress! :D
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Jfara1 wrote:WOW! This is amazing. I appreciate all the help on this puzzle. Thanks for the help on Della Ventura. I'm also looking for RUTUNDI now from the Tome area. I've learned more about my maiden name of Maiuccoro. My aunt mentioned that the Maiuccoro's were more "calabrase." Also it is believed that the spelling was changed when my great-grandfather came to the states, and that a loose translation would of its meaning would be "me heart". Literally "my heart" translates to: il MIO CUORE so I may need to consider alternate spellings. We are making progress! :D
Hi: Manacore, Manicore, Manicaro, Mammuccari...????Really are very small presence in Italy for Maiuccaro surname, but nobody on ellis island...regards, suanj
Jfara1

Re: [b]Surnames: MAIUCCORO or MAIUCCARO[/b]

Post by Jfara1 »

Hi my daughter is trying to do a family tree and she's missing my paternal side. Does anyone have information on Maiuccoro or Maiuccaro? We have no record of them coming through Ellis Island. We've heard they may have come through South America. We think they changed their name when coming to the states. The name here is spelled Maiuccoro. We are not sure if Maiuccaro is related to Maiuccoro. :cry: Please help...we thank you! :D