I Am Trying To Find The Italian Military Record For WW I....

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

I Am Trying To Find The Italian Military Record For WW I....

Post by TonyDiNobile »

I am try to find the Italian Military Record of Francesco Di Nobile who was my Great Grand Father's Brother....He was born in 1883/84 in the town of Ripalimosani in region of Abruzzo(currently Molise)....It is my understanding that he died in battle or as a POW....Given his age I am assuming that he must have died as a soldier or POW during WW I , however , he might have died as a POW during WW II since Italy changed sides during the war, but at that point he would have been over 60 years old and I doubt on active military service , it is possible he could have been a civilian POW....Any help would be Greatly Appreciated !....
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: I Am Trying To Find The Italian Military Record For WW I

Post by PeterTimber »

You can obtain his Discharge records (Foglio di Congedo Illimitato) from the following adress in the provincial capital of Campobasso.
Send a form letter obtained from the following website
www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwisdom/italy_tools.html to the Archivio Di Stato di Campobasso, Sezione Militare, Via Orefici 43, Campobasso 86100, Molise. If he was killed in action please advise me.

=Peter=
~Peter~
TonyDiNobile
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TonyDiNobile »

Thank You Peter !....
Romano1970
Master
Master

Post by Romano1970 »

Hello peter.....long time no talk. Regarding the millitary records would that be similar for Ancestors out of Piazza Armerina??
Michael Romano

Chi va piano va sano e va lontano

Those who go slowly, go safely and go far

Looking for family history in Piazza Armerina, Aidone, and Musomelli Sicily.
Names researching: Romano, Nigrelli, Ristagno, Piazza Maida Triolo.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

TonyDiNobile wrote:I am try to find the Italian Military Record of Francesco Di Nobile who was my Great Grand Father's Brother....He was born in 1883/84 in the town of Ripalimosani in region of Abruzzo(currently Molise)....It is my understanding that he died in battle or as a POW....Given his age I am assuming that he must have died as a soldier or POW during WW I , however , he might have died as a POW during WW II since Italy changed sides during the war, but at that point he would have been over 60 years old and I doubt on active military service , it is possible he could have been a civilian POW....Any help would be Greatly Appreciated !....
I found only this record:

Nome: FRANCESCO
Cognome: DI NOBILE
Data di Nascita: 1883

Luogo di Nascita: -

Luogo Sepoltura: SAMORIN - RIQUADRO MILITARE NEL CIMITERO COMUNALE
Data Decesso: 28/2/1918
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH