Cappellini Luigia e parenti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
conioa

Cappellini Luigia e parenti

Post by conioa »

Cerco discendenti di Cappellini Luigia, emigrata da Rovegno (provincia di Pavia fino al 1923, ora provincia di Genova), stabilita a New York, forse coniugata Rosasco. Una figlia si chiamava Rosy o Rosa, un figlio era collaudatore di aerei ed è morto sulla pista in un incidente.
Al suo funerale era presente Truman.

Looking for relatives of Cappellini Luigia, emigrated from Rovegno (province of Pavia until 1923, nowadays province of Genoa), lived in N.Y, possibly married to Rosasco. Her daughter was named Rosy or Rosa while her son worked as a plane tester and died in an accident. President Truman attended his funeral.
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Cappellini Luigia e parenti

Post by suanj »

Beh, ce ne sono diverse, se ci dici più o meno l'anno di nascita è meglio; queste sono alcune, leggi a fianco l'anno di immigrazione negli USA e l'eta:
29. Luigia Capellini Rovegna, Italy 1910 16
30. Luigia Capellini Rovegno 1905 15
31. Luigia Capellini Rovegno, Italy 1913 36
ciao, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ops duplicate post

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
msmange

Post by msmange »

My great great grandmother was Anna Maria (Marianna) Capellini, born in Rovegno in 1784; she died in Fontanarossa in 1862. She married Giovanni Battista Mangini, and they had my great grandfather, Andrea Mangini.

Do any of these names sound familiar? Maybe we are related!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

conioa wrote:Cerco discendenti di Cappellini Luigia, emigrata da Rovegno (provincia di Pavia fino al 1923, ora provincia di Genova), stabilita a New York, forse coniugata Rosasco. Una figlia si chiamava Rosy o Rosa, un figlio era collaudatore di aerei ed è morto sulla pista in un incidente.
Al suo funerale era presente Truman.

Looking for relatives of Cappellini Luigia, emigrated from Rovegno (province of Pavia until 1923, nowadays province of Genoa), lived in N.Y, possibly married to Rosasco. Her daughter was named Rosy or Rosa while her son worked as a plane tester and died in an accident. President Truman attended his funeral.
ho trovato un incidente aereo del 1953 dove è morto tal ROSASCO, ROBERT L
http://accident-report.com/Crew_Names/1953.html
nel 1953 era ancora presidente Truman... ciao, suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
greatcyber

Post by greatcyber »

msmange wrote:My great great grandmother was Anna Maria (Marianna) Capellini, born in Rovegno in 1784; she died in Fontanarossa in 1862. She married Giovanni Battista Mangini, and they had my great grandfather, Andrea Mangini.

Do any of these names sound familiar? Maybe we are related!
This may be a potential hit for me. I have just started my search a few days ago. I know my deceased uncle has a lot of research and I am trying to obtain it. But what I have so far:

I think we have a connection here, OMG! I know my late uncle has a lot of research, which I have just decided to try to obtain as the older I get, the more interest I have in my lineage. But in 2 days, I have found this:

My grandmother, Mary Amelia (Minnie) Mangini was born in Butler, NJ in 1904 and died in Butler in 1990. Her father was Giovanni Battista Mangini, born 1885 in Genova, Liguria; died 1906. He was married to Rose Shutte of Jew Jersey - at least they lived in New Jersey. Arrived in New York, USA ion 3-23-1922. I don't know her vitals yet.

His father, well I don't know his first name, only that he was born and died in Genova, Italy. B-1854/D-1906. Hi mother was named Rose.

His father was Andrea Mangini, born 1826 in Favale Di Malvoro, Liguria, Italy. He died in 1896. He was married to Elisabetta Arata. She was born in Italy in 1830 and died in 1893.

Perhaps I had it wrong, and your GGGM was really the name (one of them) that I was looking for.

If you have any further information, or if you would like some of the information I have, let me know.

Cheers.
msmange

Post by msmange »

Hi!

I checked my data base of Mangini names, and there is no G B Mangini b. in 1885 in my family. (That I am prestently aware of, anyway)

I traced my family back 9 generations. Complicating matters for me is that both my grandfather and grandmother were Mangini, both from the same small town, Fontanarossa, not far from Genoa, up in the mountains. Actually, I've heard that practically the entire town was made up of Mangini's, and there is even a Mangini square or plaza there.

Here are other surnames connected to my Mangini family. Please let me know if you have come across any of them in your research:

Isola, Feretti, Capelli, Capellini, Casazza, Varni, Repetti, Guaraglia, Moscone, Foppiano, Campi.

My grandfather, Giovanni, came to the US in 1904 and settled on Mott Street in nyc. He began as a waiter and later owned a restaurant on Broadway in nyc. I think it was called The Original Joe's restaurant. Anyway, various cousins, uncles, etc. worked with him--you might want to ask your family members if they have any knowledge of this. My grandfather bought a house on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx in the 1920's and my father was raised there.

Also, many Mangini people went straight to the San Fran. area to settle and got involved in farming--I'm sure you know this already.

I look forward to hearing from you. If you get any more information, don't hesitate to e-mail....maybe we can help each other.

Good luck in your search!
greatcyber

Post by greatcyber »

I have found some of the information that you are looking for. I was correct initially, when I thought the wife's name was Rose. It's too much to put into a message, so please feel free to go to www.ancestry.ca and check STEPHEN EDMUND GORDON/DAHRIS HELEN CHARTIER family tree.

My father's mother was Mary A(E)melia Mangini. She is related to Giovanni Battista Mangini.

Further back in time, Giovanni Mangini (1780-1830) married to M Capellini and they had a child, Andrea Manginia (1826-1896).

Giovanni's parents: Stefano Menghini (1717) and Elisabetta Gillia (1725).

Manginai, Bertignolli, Fillipi, Franch, Gilli...and it keeps going back.

It's a work in progress. Only been at it for 3 and a half days so far. Take a look. Would be great if we can help each other out.

Have a good one.

Stephen
greatcyber

Post by greatcyber »

Sorry, the family tree name is:

STEPHEN GORDON/DAHRIS CHARTIER
msmange

Post by msmange »

Very interesting. The dates I have for my family are very close to your ancestors, and the names match......

There is a Giovanni Battista Mangini (1774--1859) who married Marianna Capellini (1784-1862) in my family. Their son, Andrea, was born in 1824 and
died sometime between 1889 and 1903. They also had 9 other kids--Magdalena, Giuseppe Antonio, Maria Magdalena, Anna Maria, Bartolomeo, Teresa, Angela Maria, and Maria Giuseppina.

GB Mangini was my paternal GGGF.

Andrea Mangini, my GGF, married Maria Teresa Mangini. She died after having 6 children, and Andrea then married Giacomina Rosa (Rosa) Feretti. My grandfather, Giovanni Angelo Mangini, was born in 1883.

Andrea is a very common Mangini first name, I have found in my research. My father's first name was Andrew.

I have not come across any of the surnames you wrote about in your last post, but I will keep my eyes open.

Continued luck with your search!

Helen