Aufiero - Montefusco?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
MsRene

Aufiero - Montefusco?

Post by MsRene »

I am searching for info on Biagio Aufiero who lived in Montefusco. He is my grandfather (Camillo Aufiero's) brother. I do not have much more info...such as my great grandparents names, if there were any other siblings, etc. I am not even sure when my grandfather came to America, but for as long as I can remember he has lived here since I was born. I do know that Biagio (deceased) lived in Montefusco and I believe he had a son by the name of Vincenzo (who moved to Switzerland?) Any info would be greatly appeciated...thank you
Rene Aufiero
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Aufiero - Montefusco?

Post by ptimber »

You cna eitherr write to the town for documents if you know his birth year or go to the famioly history library of the Mormon church for microfilm of Montefusco's civil records containing births,marriage and deaths dating from 1809 to 1865. By goingthru www.ellisisland.org for his entry and then obtaining record you can achieve your desirted results. TGhe cardinal rule when researching family in a genealogy framework is to work backward. I suggest you purchase the book ITASLIAN GENEALOGICAL RECORDS by Traffor R. Coile which is an easy read, inexpensive and affor you much pleasure in tracing your roots. Get bac if you have any other concerns. Peter
MsRene

Post by MsRene »

Thank you Peter for your advice. I have spent countless hours & days searching, posting, etc. Somehow through my searching I came across this site.... I post an inquiry and get a response from someone in a matter of minutes....thank you again!
Rene
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Aufiero in the firt line and Montefusco in the third line and then click CERCA trhere are 6 listings for Montefusco which you may wish to review or contact for family connections. Moreover, if you wish to write for documents you can go to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Montefusco, Postale 83030, Provincia Avellino, Campania region Itay in Italian. Form sin italians can be had at www.circolocalabrese.org in lower left. Peter
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

If you go to www.paginebianche.it and insert Aufiero in the firt line and Montefusco in the third line and then click CERCA trhere are 6 listings for Montefusco which you may wish to review or contact for family connections. Moreover, if you wish to write for documents you can go to the Ufficio di Stato Civile, Comune di Montefusco, Postale 83030, Provincia Avellino, Campania region Itay in Italian. Form sin italians can be had at www.circolocalabrese.org in lower left. Peter