pietramelara,italy

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
senior
Rookie
Rookie

pietramelara,italy

Post by senior »

Good morning; I'm looking for info about my mothers' family in Italy. She was born in Pietramelara,CE and came to New York with her sister, brother and mother on 11 jan 1924. Her name was Filomena Della Morte. Her mother was Giuseppina DiMarco. Her mother was Maria Mazzarella. What I do not have is info on my grandfather or g-gf. I'd really love names/dates/whatever I can get. We grew up with stories of our heritage, one being that Giuseppina's husband died when my mother (the youngest) was six months old; around December 1917 or Janury1918.Thanks in advance for taking the time to read this.
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: pietramelara,italy

Post by wldspirit »

You can send for request to the town of origin by using this interactive form letter which is sent to the stato civile:

Click here

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
senior
Rookie
Rookie

Re: pietramelara,italy

Post by senior »

wldspirit; thank you for the website. When you don't know where to look for an answer, no matter how hard you try, it becomes quite exasperating. Thanks to this forum, I have been able to take the step overseas in my attempt to answer many of my families' lingering questions. Thanks for answering, this site is a godsend. I hope I can pay you back someday

Thanks,
senior
Looking for names; Cerimeli, Napoleone, DiPasquale,DiGiovanni, Della Morte, Di Marco, Mazzarella.