Mannetta's in Gesualdo

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Rosebud1

Mannetta's in Gesualdo

Post by Rosebud1 »

Seeking any and all information on a Rocco Mannett from Gesualdo, Italy who married a Rosaria Pinto. We know they had a least 2 sons. Angelo, bornin the early 1800's and Felice Antonio. Angelo had a son Carmine, who immigrated to the US. Anything is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Re: Mannetta's in Gesualdo

Post by wldspirit »

If you have exhausted the use of Microfilmed Records, you would need to consult parish records for that time period.

Have you obtained all US records on Carmine? Members can help pull records if there is something you need....
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Rosebud1

Post by Rosebud1 »

I have checked all the census records. I have a copy of Carmine's ship's manifest. I did manage to get Carmine's death certificate. That is how I learned who his parents were. Need to find siblings, etc.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html and request a certificato di Stato di Famiglia (family certificate showing the date and place of birth of each family member). The service is usually free.

Go to www.nonsolocap.it and put in Gesualdo and c lick Cerca and select comune di Gesualdo and scroll down to municipio for the address of the Ufficio di Stato Civile where you can ,ake your request. If you go to the side and select the www gesualdo website you can obtain more interesting info about the town. =Peter=
~Peter~
Rosebud1

Post by Rosebud1 »

It has been a while, but I have learned some more information. I have founnd proof that Carmine Mannetta's parents were: Angelo Mannetta, born Apr. 26, 1824 in Gesualdo, Italy and Gaetana Fontanarosa, born Aug. 6, 1825 in Gesualdo, Italy. Angelo's parents were: Rocco Mannetta and Rosaria Pinto. Gaetana's parents were: Giovanni Fontanarosa and Marina Mannetta. Have also found a couple siblings of Carmine. They are: Raffaele, born in Gesualdo, Pasquale Antonio, born Sept. 13, 1858 in Gesualdo and Anna, born Mar. 21, 1869 in Gesualdo. I now know the parents of Carmine's wife, Maria Luisa Savignano (born Jan. 17, 1857 in Gesualdo). They are: Giovanni Savignano and Anna Zarrella. What else is new is that I found siblings of Domenico (born Dec. 26, 1883)! They are: Domenico, born Aug. 1, 1875 and died Apr. 20, 1879, Angiolo born Aug. 21, 1878 and died Apr. 4, 1879, Angelo Rocco born May 7, 1887 and Angiola born in 1880. I gleaned the marriage and birth records for Gesualdo, plus I was sent a brief census form. Thought I would share with the group. If anyone can add to any of this information, it would be greatly appreciated. Hope all had a good holiday and it looks like it will be a good New Year!