help understanding atti di nascista

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

help understanding atti di nascista

Post by ChrisMosca »

On my grandfathers birth act after his name Valter it says SECONDO TERZO, what does that mean? is that part of his name? I did recently discover that two years prior to his birth his brother was born with the same name as Valter except middle name of Raul, now I presumed that he must've died before my grandfather was born hence the same name of Valter, does Secondo Terzo have something to do with that? just confused as to what it means.
thanks again for everything

Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Re: help understanding atti di nascista

Post by liviomoreno »

Secondo (=2nd, Second) Terzo (=3rd, Third) is definitely part of the name.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

So my grandfathers name is Valter Second Third Mosca?.........
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).
liviomoreno
Master
Master

Post by liviomoreno »

ChrisMosca wrote:So my grandfathers name is Valter Second Third Mosca?.........
I would say yes.
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

thanks Livio for taking the time!!!
Seraphina
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Seraphina »

Hi Chris,
Secondo is or was a name in common use in Italy (There is a Saint Secondo), so I would guess that his actual name was Valter Secondo the Third. He could have been named after a grandfather and great grandfather - hence he was the third (terzo) in the family with that name.
Just a guess.
Seraphina
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

thanks seraphina!!!!! its possible that he is named after other Valters in the family, his father is Cesare, grandfather is Salvatore and Great-grandfather is Pacifico but it doesn't mean that there weren't other Valters in the family.
thanks again everybody!!!!
nazca
Elite
Elite

Post by nazca »

Hi Chris,
my ggf Vincenzo and my GGM Concetta had 10 children and gived them as second or third name the progressive number of birth . For example the 7th child was Ernesto Settimo (seventh) and the 8th was Simone Ottavio (Eighth) . Do you know if your GF was second or third child ? Maybe is the same for you...

greetings

Vincenzo
I'm searching lost relatives and descendant of my greatgrandfather Vincenzo Genualdi (or Gennaldi or Genuardi) and my greatgrandmother Concetta Davola (their sons: Angela, Carmela, Antonio, Bartolomeo, Ernesto, Simone, Riccardo, Maria) went in Chicago,Ill., and New Orleans, in 1880-1920 from Sicily. Other family related : Jacobucci or Jacopucci (from Central Italy).
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

well he was the seventh child in the family, thanks nazca for the suggestion!!!