Italian passport

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
frances-k

Italian passport

Post by frances-k »

I was born in haiti from an italian father, i got my passport without any problems, now im married for 5 years now and would like to give the passport to my husband. The consulate is asking me for Italian citizenship certificate and extrato di matrimonio. can anyone please help how can i obtain them? i think i was registered in Sassari
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Italian passport

Post by ricbru »

you can give to consulate a certified photocopy of your passport, and the estratto di matrimonio should be requested to the civil record office where it is kept
if you are registred as a resident living abroad from italy - AIRE - then Sassari civil record office should have everything there
write , only in italian, to

Comune
Ufficio di Stato civile
Via Carlo Felice, 2
CAP 07100
Sassari - Italy

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
frances-k

Post by frances-k »

thank you for your prompt reply, do you happen to have an email adress for them?
ricbru
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by ricbru »

I give you the email address, but I'm not sure if it works

info@comune.sassari.it

If I would be you, I would send everything via regular mail, with an envelope and Internation Reply Coupon, so for sure you get the reply from the civil record

I hope it helps
bye Riccardo
frances-k

Post by frances-k »

Thankx a million
ChrisMosca
Elite
Elite

Post by ChrisMosca »

can anyone tell me if they can find a passport aplication or information from having the passport number? from around 1900's possibly from the piedmont region, I cannot find the birth place of my great-grandfather every document I was able to find about him it just notes tha he was from italy. His last name is pizzoglio.
thanks
Looking for the surnames Mosca( Marches ), Pizzoglio (Piedmonte), Chiacchiera, Lobasso(Bari), Gallo(Malvito), Azzolina (Messina).