Help me find my Grandfather's nephew

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Help me find my Grandfather's nephew

Post by sal4 »

Hi........I need help finding a relative (again)...He is my Grandfather Raffaele Iasalvatore nephew, the name I have for him is Tony Salvatore living at 2420 Prospect in the Bronx, New York in 1930....I don't know anything about him, not even his father's name...The family would be from Piedimonte D'Alfie Caserta, Italy...I have a picture of this Tony Salvatore with a woman named Rosemarie dated 1930...can anyone help? If I can find info on him, I hope it would lead to his father or at least his fathers name....I have looked at all the free genealogy sites and I can't find a thing.........
Thanks....Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Squigy
Master
Master

Re: Help me find my Grandfather's nephew

Post by Squigy »

Why don't you sign up for a 14 day free trial on Ancestry.com? I did, and they didn't bill me a thing cause I cancelled online before it was up. I found a census for Tony Salvatore in the Bronx around 1920 age 26, but I can't see the census cause the free trial is up.
My Italian surnames:

Caserta: Maietta, Rossano, Tessitore, Negro, Peluso, Musone

Campobasso: D'Andrea, Barile

Catanzaro: Fiorelli/Fiorillo, Romito
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

I did have the free 14 day trial membership...it's been up for a while now... Thank you for trying...........Sal4
Looking for surnames Iasalvatore (Salvatore), Tartaglia, Rosetta, Consola, Di Muccio, Castellano, Montanaro, Dipaolo, Costa, Sansone, Giudicianni and Laudato.
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

Do you know your great grandparents names?
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Hi Sal......
Judging from the picture, any idea's of about how old the two of them appear?
More than one person named Tony Salvatore shows up in census......can we be sure to locate this Tony in the Bronx?
More than likely Tony is a nickname as well.....
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Wow.........Thank you both for trying to help!

Ist question my Great Grandparents names are Vincenzo Iasalvatore and Carmela Tartaglia....

2nd question...I estimate them to be around 20-35 Yrs old in the picture....

I went on Ellis Island and I found a Sistantonio Iasalvatore and his age was 2 yrs old and he came with his mother & brother age 5 to be with their father Francesco Iasalvatore in 1903....(Francesco came here in 1902 along with 5 cousins & the address was 228 E 111St.)
I spoke with my cousin and he claims that in 1950's he was in New York and picked up this Tony Salvatore and brought him here to Cleveland to visit and Tony Salvatore was in the 50's age group....His age is close to what Sistantonio would of been in the 1950's..........Can they be the same person?
I'm trying to link these 2 men Tony Salvatore & Francesco Iasalvatore to my Grandfather......and then it can lead me to more siblings I hope....Sal4
Squigy
Master
Master

Post by Squigy »

:oops: Sorry, I couldn't find anything. Did Tony have any kids? If so, you should contact them, I'm sure they know who their grandparents are, and probably know a good deal more about him.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hi Sal4,

I believe "Tony" is a short version for Anthony, so what about this one?

Social Security Death Index
about Anthony Salvatore
Name: Anthony Salvatore
SSN:
Last Residence: 10469 Bronx, Bronx, New York, United States of America
Born: 9 Apr 1902
Died: Apr 1975
State (Year) SSN issued: New York (Before 1951)
sal4
Veteran
Veteran

Post by sal4 »

Hi.........I don't know for sure that the Tony (Anthony) you found is the one, its a maybe..Its so hard trying to find out if its the right one or not.....The only way I would really know its him or not is if I can link his father to my Great Grandfather or my Great grandparents or to a Rosemarie.......Thank you both for trying....Sal4