Desperately looking for help to find Luigi Sforza&Family

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Desperately looking for help to find Luigi Sforza&Family

Post by LaBud »

Hello,
I have spent the better part of my day trying to find any and all info on Luigi Sforza with no success at all. I have exhausted every site that I know of, that allows me to peruse their sites. My funds do not allow me to belong to the big paying sites, so I am turning to my "Home away from Home" for help once again.
I pulled this info from my other post, with hopes that it will catch someone's eye.
I'm hitting this brick wall with a sledgehammer but it isn't working. He's one tough Sforza to find info on. (:

Luigi Sforza 24? (abt 1881)
- married
- last residence Prezza
- destination Boston MA
- joining brother Giuseppe

Trying desperately to gather any info on Luigi Sforza after he arrived here, and joined his brother Guisseppe. It says he's married...
Trying very hard to find the Wife's name/children. Is it possible Luigi too could have married a Spadorcia?
Also a Donato Spadorcia shows up at Pasquale Sforza's in McKeesport, Pa. saying he is his B-I-L...another inter-marriage maybe?

Mille Grazie, LaBud
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Desperately looking for help to find Luigi Sforza&Fa

Post by LaBud »

well it looks like I have finally exhausted the entire Internet on this missing relative.
It took me all day to come up with Luigi Sforza had a son Luigi (Sordi) born in 1905 in Italy. Parents born in Italy. In 1920 this son was 15 and the Family was living in Quincy, Ma. (Norfolk County)

I have gone between using Sforza and Sordi, and I can't find another thing.

I have tried every which way to Sunday to find a 1920 Census, but no luck.
Now I have to find a place that has 10 fingers on sale as mine are totally worn out. LOL

Ciao, LaBud
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello!
No luck finding any records for Luigi Sforza (abt 1881) in MA or NY
Checked NEHGS for birth records for his children - there aren't any for Luigi/Louis Sforza (quite a few for Giuseppe & Antonia)
He may have gone back to Prezza, or changed his surname drastically
Valarie
LaBud wrote:...Luigi Sforza had a son Luigi (Sordi) born in 1905 in Italy. Parents born in Italy. In 1920 this son was 15 and the Family was living in Quincy, Ma. (Norfolk County)...
Here's a 1920 census for a Luigi Sordi in Quincy
1920 census
previous page
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Hi vj, you can explain me better... it is possible that Luigi Sordi was the son of Luigi Sforza?? I understand not very well the topic... Luigi Sordi is the son of Amelia Sordi... so I cannot understand... however Luigi Sforza
( Luigi Sforgi) made another trip in USA, the Apr 24, 1909 and joining at Giuseppe brother in Boston, MA; single, father Sabatino in Prezza.... no doubts abt that....
pag 1 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipManif ... 0744%2ETIF

pag 2 http://ellisisland.org/search/shipmanif ... 1578030120

so if he was single in 1909 Luigi Sordi cannot be the son.. or I'm wrong??
Thanks,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

Hello suanj :D !
This is the 1905 manifest found on another post:
possible 1905 manifest

1 Jun 1905, SS Prinzess Irene, Naples to NY
line 25

Luigi Sforza 24? (abt 1881)
- married
- last residence Prezza
- destination Boston MA
- joining brother Giuseppe

probably traveling with line 24 - Francesco Sandonato 16
[quote]Another relative Caesidio Sandonato (North Sq.) has a nephew arrive from Prezza, who is Francesco Sandonato.
---

That is a great find for the 1909 manifest! I think you definitely have the same Luigi :D .

There is no problem finding his brother Giuseppe Sforza and Giuseppe's wife Antonia De Santis records in the US.

On his 1905 manifest, Luigi's age is difficult to read. My guess is 24 yrs old

I can't find any census, military record, naturalization or births of his children in the US (I checked ancestry, footnote & NEHGS)

I also don't think Luigi Sordi is related, I posted the census at LaBud's request.

Thanks!
Valarie
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hi Val and Suanj,
Thankyou both for all your information. You both hit a Bingo! :)

(It took me all day to come up with Luigi Sforza had a son Luigi (Sordi) born in 1905 in Italy. Parents born in Italy. In 1920 this son was 15 and the Family was living in Quincy, Ma. Norfolk County)

Val, that is the correct census listing as the son Luigi named is 15 yrs. and the street would be correct as well. I can't really read the mother's name but will take on that search as well to see if I can find her coming to USA.

I agree about Luigi the father that he went back to Prezza or he may have even died. Just a guess on my part.

Saunj, I understand what you are saying, however, I believe that the manifest that you pulled up and the one that Val pulled up in an earlier post are one and the same Luigi Sforza. The writing is hard to read, what the yrs. were that he had been in Boston before he went back to Italy. The information on both manifests as to who he was going to stay with and other relatives names is 100% correct.
What is your interpretation as to the mother's name on the 1920 census? You mentioned Amelia. I will try to figure out her last name and go from there.

I am still trying as well to clarify "Donato Spadorcia shows up at Pasquale Sforza's in McKeesport, Pa. saying he is his B-I-L"
This has us baffled as well, is he married to Gemma Spadorcia, or someone else and who is she?

Ahhh, the joy of tracing your Roots. It's a lot of hard work but my brother John and I do enjoy doing this and very well appreciate ALL the help we have received from ALL you wonderful people here. :)

Mille Grazie, LaBud
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

Luigi Sforza, in 1909 ship's manifest is not immigrant, but alien, so he back in Italy after the trip of 1909; he declared that was in USA ( Boston) previously...
abt Giuseppe Sforza, yes I know;
but what is hard understand for me, it is that Luigi Sforza had a son without Sforza surname..... that cannot be in Italy; a recognized child having always the father surname... as you are sure abt Luigi Sordi son of Luigi Sforza... from documents...???
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
LaBud
Veteran
Veteran

Post by LaBud »

Hi Suanj :)

Maybe I have been looking too much everywhere and just getting confused or hopeful or just plain crazy at this point. LOL

I was the one that started checking for all sorts of spelling when I noticed that val did that and had excellent results.
I was on Family Search and yes, did find Luigi Sforza but I don't have access to the whole site, and right under his name the next one is Luigi Sordi from (Quincy, Ma.) and that is where I got the idea it was his son.
It says he was born in 1905 in Italy and is 15 in the 1920 census.

The census Val brought up is the right (neighborhood) My theory was that Luigi came to the USA in 1905 and his wife was pregnant and had a baby in Italy in 1905. Then at some point came to the USA.

In reading your post, I see that I am way off base. (:
I was being very hopeful where the street matched in the Census. It was like the name Spadorcia showing up on the census as Spadil and that was a Bingo in that same neighborhood.
Before my brother John hits me with a brick, I'll see what he thinks about the names on the census. Hey, they could still be cugina/cugino's to us right? :)

Mille Grazie, Suanj

LaBud;)