Looking For Info On The Surname Of Signoretti

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
signoretti28

Looking For Info On The Surname Of Signoretti

Post by signoretti28 »

I'm just doing research on my family history. I just started doing a family tree and am wanting to trace back to Italy to hopefully find relatives. I was born and raised in the US. My great Grandfather came to New York from Italy. Any information on the name Signoretti would be helpful Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Looking For Info On The Surname Of Signoretti

Post by PeterTimber »

perhaps if you read http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... earch.html
you will be in a better position to understand what you want to know.

To inquire about the surname Signoretti as it relates to your family genealogy is one aspect. To know about the origin of the surname Signoretti is another aspect. To use the surname Signoretti for family genealogy requires much more information than you provided. Please get back to us after reading the above short website on Italian Genealogy Research. =Peter=
~Peter~
signoretti28

Post by signoretti28 »

I'm currently working on getting more info so I can provide it. I will post when I find more. Thank you
signoretti
Rookie
Rookie

Post by signoretti »

Hello Signoretti ~

My great grandfather also emigrated to the US from Italy in 1913. His surname was Signoretti, as well as my grandmothers maiden name. What was your great grandfathers name? I too have been researching the Signoretti surname. Perhaps we may be related or can help each other out! Exciting :D

Thanks~
Emily
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

The origin of the surname Signoretti stems from the Medieval Signorettus and signorellus first noted in the 11th and 12th century forming Signore and Signori which is the base surname while Signore is considered the variant of the base name Signori.

The name and its variations, alterations, derivations is distributed thruout Italy with certain spelling prevalent in Southern Italy and others in the North of Italy. If you go to www.gens.labo.net/en/cognomi you will notice that there are 137 cities,towns and villages thruout Italy from Northern Italy down to Calabria having persons surnamed Signoretti. On the surface it appears that the Signoretti name started in the far north and slowly descended into Southern Italy but I could be mistaken and the order is reversed??

Now that the origin of the name Signori is listed in the Italian surname dictionary is known you can proceed to other genealogy questions you may have about the surname. =Peter=
~Peter~