Starace, Parlata, Guida, Monte

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bjkasz

Starace, Parlata, Guida, Monte

Post by bjkasz »

I am trying to find out info about my great grandparents, all of whom I believe emigrated from Vico Equense. Robert Starace, dob 5/25/1864 came over on the Garigliano on 6/27/1881. His wife Luigia Partlata (or o) came in 1893, I think (from census records 1900), but I think they were married in Italy. Children Elisa, Luigi, Mary, and Ralph (Luigi was my grandfather) There was another relative Guisseppa (josie) - we don't know who she is, but she went back to Italy with them in 1896, and was recorded on the 1900 census.
Raffaile Monte and Teresa Guida (or o) I have less info on - Teresa died on May 27, 1902. The Monte name may have been shortened - I can't find any record on Ellis Island or Castle Garden databases. The only census info is the 1920, where he lived with my grandmother (then single), Julia (but her given name was Angelina, I think).
Any other information would be greatly appreciated. I am going to Vico Equense next month with my parents and I think that my dad would be thrilled if I could get some records on where they lived there, or where they were baptised, etc.

Thanks
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Starace, Parlata, Guida, Monte

Post by PeterTimber »

To familiarize you with the documents available to you while your there go to http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/pearlsofwi ... tters.html for information. The service is free in Italy by the way. =Peter=
~Peter~
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

bjkasz wrote:...Raffaile Monte and Teresa Guida (or o) I have less info on - Teresa died on May 27, 1902. The Monte name may have been shortened - I can't find any record on Ellis Island or Castle Garden databases. The only census info is the 1920, where he lived with my grandmother (then single), Julia (but her given name was Angelina, I think)...
Hello!
Is the 'Josef Monti', at the same address in 1920, related to Raffaele & daughter Julia. It may help to locate other US records.
Thanks!
Valarie

(click here) possible 1920 census

Home in 1920:
414 Second Ave, rents
Manhattan Assembly District 12,
New York, New York

head Josef Monti 28, abt 1892 NY
wife Berta Monti 29
son Raphael Monti 3 10/12
daughter Therese Monti 5 10/12

head Raphael Monti 65, abt 1855 IT
- widower
- immig 1880 Na
- store keeper
daughter Julia Monti 30, abt 1890 NY
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

There is a raffaela Monte born 1862, arriving NYC 1/11/1898 coming from Serino, Italy. She(?) can be found at www.castlegarden.org =Peter=
~Peter~
bjkasz

Post by bjkasz »

Thank you so much - do you think that it will take a long time to get? Will someone be able to help me when I am there? Are the records on microfilm, or on paper? Thanks.