Ruotolo/Rotolo? in Status Animarum

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
britola

Ruotolo/Rotolo? in Status Animarum

Post by britola »

Hello:
I am hoping someone might be able to assist me in learning more about my Ruotolo/Rotolo family in Italy via the Status Animarum.

My paternal great grandfather was named Angelo Ruotolo (could be spelled Rotolo- we are trying to determine the actual spelling.) I believe he was born in Trentinara, Italy in either 1878 or 1879. His father's name was Pasquale, his mother's name was Maria (no idea of maiden name). He immigrated to America on Nov. 3, 1905 on the Mendoza, and he was coming to see a cousin, Lorenzo Fraiese. (not sure how cousins were related.

At the time Angelo immigrated to the US, he had married a woman named Rosalina Corrente, and they had a son named Pasquale who was born on Sept. 23, 1903 in Trentinara, Italy. (my grandfather)

Unfortunately, Angelo lived only 4 years in the US, having died in 1909 of typhoid. I have no idea of any other relatives that may have existed in Italy and am desperaetely trying to break this brick wall. Would someone be able to search any early Status Animarum records to possibly locate this family? I've also heard the town Cicerale mentioned in reference to this family as well. Any help or clue to additionally family members or even Angelo's wife's maiden name would be greatly appreciated. THANK YOU! :) - Barbara
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Ruotolo/Rotolo? in Status Animarum

Post by pink67 »

britola wrote:I've also heard the town Cicerale mentioned in reference to this family as well.
Hi Barbara :D

On the 1908 arrival manifest for Rosalia Corrente stated Cicerale as place of birth for both she and her son Pasquale.
Do you have Pasquale's act of birth?

Laura
Michael31
Master
Master

Post by Michael31 »

www.paginebianche.it
cognome: CORRENTE dove: Cicerale
84053 Cicerale (SA)
cognome: RUOTOLO nome: Pasquale dove: SA (province of Salerno)
cognome: FRAIESE dove: Trentinara
84070 Trentinara (SA)
cognome: ROTOLO dove: Rutino
84070 Rutino (SA)
britola

Post by britola »

pink67 wrote:
britola wrote:I've also heard the town Cicerale mentioned in reference to this family as well.
Hi Barbara :D

On the 1908 arrival manifest for Rosalia Corrente stated Cicerale as place of birth for both she and her son Pasquale.
Do you have Pasquale's act of birth?

Laura
Laura - Thanks so much for your help. Unfortunately, I do not have Pasquale's act of birth. Can you tell me how I might obtain it in Italy? I know it's not the easiest of processes. Again, your help is appreciated.

Barbara :)
britola

Post by britola »

Michael31 wrote:www.paginebianche.it
cognome: CORRENTE dove: Cicerale
84053 Cicerale (SA)
cognome: RUOTOLO nome: Pasquale dove: SA (province of Salerno)
cognome: FRAIESE dove: Trentinara
84070 Trentinara (SA)
cognome: ROTOLO dove: Rutino
84070 Rutino (SA)
Hello Michael and thank you for your help! Would you (or others on this board) happen to know if there is still a link to the status animarum available. I know about a year or so, there was a link available, but I can't seem to find it any more.

Again thanks for any and all leads!! :)

Barbara
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Barbara,

you can write to the Comune of Cicerale asking for a "copia integrale dell'estratto di nascita" of Pasquale.
You can use this site to write the letter in italian:

http://www.circolocalabrese.org/resourc ... /index.asp

the address is:

Comune di Cicerale
Ufficio di Stato Civile
Via Roma 100
84053 Cicerale SA
ITALY

Tel 0974 834021
Fax 0974 834455

or you can contact your nearest Family History Center because I noticed they microfilmed the civil registrations for the Cicerale town:

Title Registri dello stato civile di Cicerale (Salerno), 1866-1929
Authors Cicerale (Salerno). Ufficio dello stato civile (Main Author)

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... i+Cicerale+++

there are some missing years for the births but it seems they have the year 1903.

You may be able to search by yourself in the microfilmed acts, and find Pasquale's birth act. :D

Here is the link to find your nearest center:

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... et_fhc.asp

Laura