Martignoni (martignani)from Dambel

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
bailey

Martignoni (martignani)from Dambel

Post by bailey »

I am looking for any information on Virginia Martignoni ( Ellis island spelled it Martignani) who came from Dambel in 1907. her brother Ernest Martignoni followed in 1911. i know there were other brothers and sisters. Any one with any informationor thoughts please contact me.
pink67
Master
Master

Re: Martignoni (martignani)from Dambel

Post by pink67 »

For sure they had a brother named Luigi because at the moment of his arrival on 1911 Ernesto stated he was joining his brother Luigi in Stambaugh - Michigan:

http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0004

Hope this helps a little...

Laura

edit to add:

and their mother's first name was Anna (Ernesto stated it on his arrival manifest )
Sal
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Martignoni (martignani)from Dambel

Post by Sal »

I have them both listed on the Dambel emigrants page of my website -- www.trentinoheritage.com . Try ordering the Dambel microfilm at your nearest LDS Family History Center (www.familysearch.org to get the address). Order film #1388855. Sections4 to 11 of this film contain copies of the original birth, death, marriage records of the church in Dambel for the years 1621-1923. Working with the info you have, you should be able to find siblings of Virginia, her parents' birth records, marriage records, etc back to other generations. For example, Virginia's birth records would list her parents' and grandparents' names -- with this info you can trace backwards. By searching the years before and after Virginia's birth you should be able to find her siblings (if any).

Sal