d

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
ptimber
Master
Master

Re: Surname...........Seate

Post by ptimber »

Try simple english sentences since english is the second language in Italy and taught in the schools. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

JL:
I think for just star search on real italian surname, you can to say someone detail on your ancestor, first name, age of emigration, year emigration an all what that are in memories...many people in all world's country are same problem with italian surname misspelled, but all are possible, we are here for help you...suanj

PS: but in other your post
http://www.italiansrus.com/surnames/iscse-sl.htm
you wrote
-Seate, Justin Lee mailto:MasterPoloGuy@aol.com
place of origin Naples last residence Wilmingtion
your ancestor are sicilian or neapolitan?
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Click on the name that comes up on the screen after your first click on the home page where you typed in the town name. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

JLSeate wrote:I put that information in the italiansrs website because that is what i was told by someone. and wilmington becuase i just moved here. when i entered the information i thought it was a search. and nothing came up. but from what you show me, i entered it to a data base. so i am going to email the man in Sicily and see what he says about the name Seato. Do you really think it is a great possibility that my name was spelled wrong when they came over?
Really your surname are misspelled, and other persons have same problem, I think just are Siati... you can to insert someone details on your ancestors? whichever detail can help to find just surname spelling...suanj
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Suanj hai letto i dsicorsi della prima agina? Mi sembra che il cognome e Seato che ce uno che e arrivato in America con Seato come cognome. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

ptimber wrote:Suanj hai letto i dsicorsi della prima agina? Mi sembra che il cognome e Seato che ce uno che e arrivato in America con Seato come cognome. Peter
Si Peter, li ho controllati ma in realtà, dove il manifesto è disponibile, si legge bene Sesto, non Seato.. in Italia non esiste e non è mai esistito, l'unico simile è Siati ed è anche quello più probabile, perchè la "e" su ellis è spesso interpretata come "i"; io penso che sia Siati, ma se il nostro amico non si decide a inserire dei dati, non posso aiutarlo dall'Italia..saluti, Raffaella
ps: forse questo è il primo Seate in USA, ma non so se fosse italiano:
Seate, John... died in 1883 ... age 53 ...1883D-4349
http://feefhs.org/fdb2/6995/6995-530.html
e ancora:
name birth death
SEATE, J. 27 Jan 1811 25 Jul 1890
SEATE, Mary E. 26 Feb 1837 06 Jul 1902
http://users.htcomp.net/donnasdigs/ceme ... dflat2.htm
Come ho detto precedentemente in Basilicata soltanto esiste SIATi , il quale cognome è una variazione dell'originale "de Siati" tipico della Sicilia.. bisogna conoscere il nome di battesimo e qualche data per fare una ricerca, ma comunque questa è l'indicazione dall'Italia: Siati(Basilicata)
Siati (Sicilia)
Saitta(Sicilia)
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

JLSeate wrote:englese perfavore
Yes Peter, I've controlled but really, only on ship's manifest available li ho well read Sesto and not Seato.. in Italy it does not exist and never it has not existed, only similar is italian Siati and are also most probable , why the "e" on ellis often it is interpreted like "i"; I task that are Siati, but if our friend does not decide itself to insert of the data, cannot help it from Italy..regards, Raffaella

ps: perhaps this was the first Seate in USA, but I do not know if it were Italian:
Seate, John... died in 1883 ... age 53 ...1883D-4349
http://feefhs.org/fdb2/6995/6995-530.html
and again:
name birth death
SEATE, J. 27 Jan 1811 25 Jul 1890
SEATE, Mary E. 26 Feb 1837 06 Jul 1902
http://users.htcomp.net/donnasdigs/ceme ... dflat2.htm

I have said previously, that in Basilicata only exists SIATI, which surname is an dellversion from original surname "de Siati" typical of the Sicily. it must know the first name and some date in order to make a search, but, however, this is indications from Italy:

-Siati(Basilicata)
-De Siati (Sicily especially but some other region)
-Saitta(Sicilia)
JLSeate

Post by JLSeate »

//
ptimber
Master
Master

Post by ptimber »

Did you write to the personin Siily thsat I told you about if anything just to prove that there is or there is not any sicilian connection?? You have not done anything suggested so how are you going to find out what is the truth. You have to prove and also disprove if you want to find the irght answer. Perhaps Suanj is correct and the name is siate but you said Sicily was the origin of the name. Please sit down and make a chart of what the possiblities are and the location. Go back to the beginning of this forum where you first asked tghe question and follow thru. Peter
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

You have possibility to descover the first name of ancestor in USA town last residence, and also to know marriage act etc??
Or in cemeteries? are necessary, why all are possible to know with the time, but this info are really necessary....
suanj