Help Finding Records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Help Finding Records

Post by nmaritch »

Hello,
I am hard at work on my family tree, and have questions. How do you go about finding and or verifying information that happens between census years. I am looking for relatives, that were alive according to the last census available but are almost certainly deceased by the time the SSDI takes over. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Nikki
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Re: Help Finding Records

Post by PeterTimber »

Try www.findagrave.com =Peter=
~Peter~
vj
Master
Master

Post by vj »

City Directories can be a help for placing folks in certain locations.
ancestry. com (subscription) has been adding directories from abt 1940
Valarie

City Directory Research from about.com genealogy:
http://genealogy.about.com/cs/citydirectories/
nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nmaritch »

Thanks for all the advice.
The relatives I am looking for at least some of them, I believe died before 1930, as he doesn't show up in that census.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Can you furnish his name so that we can develop that lead for you?=Peter=
~Peter~
nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nmaritch »

Well I am looking for a Michele (Michael) Infusino born in Italy in about 1837. He was recorded in I believe the 1920 Census as Mike. He also had a grandson by the name of Michele, who died sometime prior to March 1961. Nor can I find record of what happened to Joseph (Giuseppe) Infusino, son of the first Michael, father to the second, or his wife Filomena Totero Infusino. I have found immigration records for the everyone mentioned and some census records. They lived in Wisconsin.
PeterTimber
Master
Master

Post by PeterTimber »

Perhaps if you go thru the 50 odd INFUSINO listed in the Wisconsin telephone directory at www.numberway.com you may come across someone with a first name that you listed on the theory that first names tend to stay in families.=Peter=
~Peter~
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

Hello Nikki,

don't know if this can be helpful but on this free site you can find the Wisconsin 1905 state census:

http://search.labs.familysearch.org/rec ... tml#p=home

Laura

p.s. you'll find on it Michael Infusino (Father) and Joseph (son) living togehter
nmaritch
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nmaritch »

Thankyou Laura, I did come across that. That is how I first found him. I believe that he shows up in the 1920 Census, but not the 1930 Census. I am assuming that he died before 1930, as he was born in 1837. I believe I found his immigration record and he was a widow when he came here. My initial question was intended to be how do you find a death date in this case.
pink67
Master
Master

Post by pink67 »

I believe you should contact the Racine County and ask them if is it possible for them to do a research for Michele's death record....

http://www.racineco.com/registerofdeeds ... edule.aspx

But, I'm not expert at this.... maybe some other U.S. member can help you better... :?

Or, try to contact the Cemetery in Mount Pleasant and ask them help... You have a frame period of ten years, maybe they can do a search on their registers ?

Laura
misbris
Master
Master

Post by misbris »

I don't know if this will work for you, but I was able to trace my ggrandparents through church and cemetery records found at the FHC. If you have an address from the 1920 census, you can trace the parish. here is an example.

http://www.familysearch.org/eng/library ... umns=*,0,0

Hope it helps!
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

Not sure where to start or what to say. I've been searching for my fraternal Grandparents and Great-grandparents. I have death certificates somewhat incomplete and or not accurate. i found the Ellis Is. coming from Italy on May 6 1907 when he was 25 years old. I also have a record of my Grandfather's draft reg card application. I may have a marriage certificate from a church but is not in English. His name is Domenik Luciani. Spelling of his name vary as to who is filling out papers. But I have his signature spelled this way on the draft card. his parents are Francesco Luciani and mother Harenstine Puiligini (maiden). They stayed in Italy. The town in which my grandfather came from was Monteprandone. My Grandmothers name is Tillie Andrijauskas. She is from Lithuania. She came to the US with her brothers and maybe her parents. Her brothers names are Joseph(for sure) Julius, William and maybe Leonas. My dad's 2nd cousin said many of the lituanians did not like their long last names so made lots of changes to them. Not sure what they did to their name. I'm feeling a bit stuck now since I can't find anything on Tillie or any great-grandparents. If maybe I could get a birth record of my grandfather this will give me more accurate info. I don't even know if he had siblings. I would really appreciate any suggestions. Also I am a member on ancestry. Thank you for reading this.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Welcome to IG! We have a great team here and I'm sure they can help you!

It is often better to start your own thread, this way research between two separate unrelated families is not confused.

Go to the forum index, then click on Italian Genealogy, then new topic at upper left hand corner, give your post a title in the box Subject, after listing your query, hit submit.

Or if you prefer, I can separate your post from this thread and start one for you....let me know how you want to proceed.
wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Vital records request for Wisconsin

The above link is for records after 1907

The following link contains records prior to 1907:

Historical Society

Here is a listing of what records are available for each county:

Earliest registration dates

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
chamomile

Post by chamomile »

thank you wldspirt for assisting me. Yes, It would be awesome if you could separate the post. I'm new at this and much to learn.
thanks again