Need help finding info on great grandparents FUSCO/ARPINO

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Re: Need help finding info on great grandparents FUSCO/ARPIN

Post by Italysearcher »

The town of Sant'Elia has no birth, marriage or death records before about 1860 or so. What they do have are reconstructed after WW2. The church has records but are not complete for all parishes. Records before 1865 are on microfilm as are many of the reconstructed records. If your ancestor was not in Italy after WW2 it is unlikely there will be civil records for them. My website has photos of the church and town.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

So then the microfilm is useless unless your family is
present before 1865 or present after WW2.....??
Useful information to have for further posters making an inquiry to this town.
Thank you Italysearcher....but she should be able to obtain information on the following, no....?

Head Benditti Fusco 51
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1850

Wife Maggie Fusco 44
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1857

wldspirit

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

She should be able to find Benedetto and his wife on the microfilms but probably not the marriage so if the surname of his wife is not known that could present a problem.
Just a minor point. If a person who left Italy before WW2 but later needed a birth certificate for some reason MAY have reconstructed it. eg pension, passport, etc. Its always worth a look!
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
wldspirit
Staff
Staff

Post by wldspirit »

Thank you for the clarification....... :D
Lee

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
stuartcapaldi
Rookie
Rookie

Post by stuartcapaldi »

If you are in Edinburgh.

The LDS Family History Centre is located at the rear of the church on Colinton Road, near Watson's School.

Entry into the centre via the car park is at the rear of the building therefore go the the street parallel to Colinton road.

there are limited access times during the day and some evenings.

I managed to secure the films for my search resulting in me finding my ancestors details.

The volunteer staff are all very helpful.

Remember all the records will be in Italian, the writing can be difficult to read however once you have mastered the format of the entries you should be ok.
Stuart Capaldi
yasmincelesta

Post by yasmincelesta »

Found the certificates that I had obtained copies of last year.My Great Grandfather was called Benedetto Fusco(born 1849 Italy) and my Great Great Grand father was called Pasquale Fusco. My Great Great Grand mother was called Celesta and her maider name was D'Agostino I am not sure if my great grandfather came from Sant'Elia rumour had it he was roman! But my Great Grandmother was called Michaelangela Arpino (born 1857) her mother and father were named as Benedetto Arpino a Farmer and Benedetta Cascarino. My Great Grandmother has thirteen living children I think the first 5 were born in Sant' Elia, Maria(b1879), Lucia(b1880), Andrea(b1881, Giovanna(b?), Michael(1885) and possibly Guiseppe(b1888).