Looking for Marriage certificate for Sebastiano Gioia and Giovannangiola Di Mella

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Jojim

Looking for Marriage certificate for Sebastiano Gioia and Giovannangiola Di Mella

Post by Jojim »

Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for the marriage certificate relating to my great grandparents. Sebastiano was born in 1865 in Santa Croce Del Sannio, Benevento and his wife Giovannangiola was born 15 April 1865 and died 20 May 1908 also in the same town.

I would like to also confirm Sebastiano's parents names. I know his fathers name was Mariangelo but I think I have the wrong mothers name so I just want this confirmed.

Sebastianos's childrens names were

Mariangelo born 18 Dec 1889
Giuseppa (my grandmother) was born 24 October 1899
Carmine born 18 May 1902
I have looked at the birth certificates of Sebastiano's children and there is no mention of Sebastiano's mothers name. If I am able to locate the marriage certificate then this should divulge Sebastiano's mothers name.

After Giovannangiola died i think he remarried. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks Josephine
pricklypear
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Looking for Marriage certificate for Sebastiano Gioia and Giovannangiola Di Mella

Post by pricklypear »

Hi Josephine, unless I'm searching incorrectly, on Antenati and Familysearch records for Santa Croce del Sannio (and Santa Croce di Morcone - an Antenati it says: "Santa Croce di Morcone(oggi Santa Croce del Sannio)", they don't have any digitised records uploaded for 1865, nor for the years between 1882-1886 when it's likely your great-grandparents got married. :( Perhaps someone else can confirm this too. I'm not sure if they are still in the process of digitisation for the State of Benevento.

And yeah they wouldn't normally have a grandparent's name on a child's birth record, just the parents.
Researching the following:
From Basilicata: D'Amato, Caruso, Pinto, Montano, Logiodice, Bonadies
From Calabria: Natale, Cartisano, Valenzisi, Pentimalli, Minasi
Tessa78
Master
Master

Re: Looking for Marriage certificate for Sebastiano Gioia and Giovannangiola Di Mella

Post by Tessa78 »

Here is the birth act for Sebastiano Gioia in Santa Croce in 1865 on 28 August
Father: Mariangelo Gioia, 21, farmer residing in Santacroce
Mother: Mariagiuseppa Cricca, 21, residing in Santacroce
Baptism on 29 August 1865 in the Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 3.jpg.html

There is a notation of marriage on 5 September 1926 with Rosaria Zeoli

AND...
Here is the birth act of Giovannangiola di Mella in MORCONE on 15 April 1865.
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... 0.jpg.html

There is a notation of Marriage on 21 October 1886 (#49) with Sebastiano Gioia.

Unfortunately, the marriage records online for Santa Croce del Sannio and for Morcone begin in 1931.
You will need to write directly to the comuni for copies of the original documents.

T.
Jojim

Post by Jojim »

Thank you so much Tessa. I was second guessing myself but you have confirmed I am on the right track. Thanks so much for your help.

Josephine
Tessa78
Master
Master

Post by Tessa78 »

Happy to help!

T.
pricklypear
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pricklypear »

pricklypear wrote: 10 Oct 2021, 12:08 Hi Josephine, unless I'm searching incorrectly, on Antenati and Familysearch records for Santa Croce del Sannio (and Santa Croce di Morcone - an Antenati it says: "Santa Croce di Morcone(oggi Santa Croce del Sannio)", they don't have any digitised records uploaded for 1865, nor for the years between 1882-1886 when it's likely your great-grandparents got married. :( Perhaps someone else can confirm this too. I'm not sure if they are still in the process of digitisation for the State of Benevento.

And yeah they wouldn't normally have a grandparent's name on a child's birth record, just the parents.
Please ignore this post I made haha.... I made it before Tessa replied - and it was invisible because I needed moderator approval. Glad she could find what you needed, I didn't even think to check the records for just 'Morcone' (assumed it was a separate village).
Researching the following:
From Basilicata: D'Amato, Caruso, Pinto, Montano, Logiodice, Bonadies
From Calabria: Natale, Cartisano, Valenzisi, Pentimalli, Minasi