Info on Boccarossa family (and Lanni) from Picinisco

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
kmorelli96

Info on Boccarossa family (and Lanni) from Picinisco

Post by kmorelli96 »

I have been researching my family tree for a number of years now, but have hit a bit of a brick wall with some of my Italian ancestors.

As far as I know, my great-great-great-grandfather was called Antonio Boccarossa (born c. 1851, Picinisco) and his wife was Angelina (born c. 1859).

They had 8 children that I know of, all born in Italy:
- Cristina Maria b. 1878 (married name Terenzio)
- Rosa Lena b. 1878 (married name Bartolomucci)
- Teresa b. 1880 (married name Truglia)
- Alfredo b. 1882
- Raffaele b. 1883 (my great-great-grandfather)
- Lucia b. 1885 (married name Lisi)
- Giovanni b. 1886
- Domenico b. 1889

From what I can tell they all came over to England at different points, and around 1900 some anglicised their surname to Buckross, Bockross or Bockrose. However I haven't been able to find any more information about Antonio (b. 1851) or Angelina (b.1859). There seems to be some Boccarossas also from Picinisco who moved to the USA but I am unsure of their relation to me.

Any information you have about any of these people would be greatly appreciated!

My great-great-grandfather Raffaele had four children, two born in Italy and two in the UK.
- Marianna, born c. 1901, married name Lanni
- Domenico (Don), b. 1907
- Adelina (Evelyn) b. 1911
- Antonio b. 1915 (my great-grandfather).

I know that Marianna Lanni (nee Boccarossa) had five children in Italy. I believe her husband was called Domenico Lanni.
- Armando b. 1934
- Giustina b. 1928
- Maria (we think she moved to the US and had a son called Tony)
- Rosina b. 1926
- Nino

Any information about Maria, and the family that moved to the USA would be very appreciated!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Re: Info on Boccarossa family (and Lanni) from Picinisco

Post by suanj »

Hi, I don't know if the below record could be your Maria, because you no provided birthyear, however a Maria nee Lanni married in Picinisco on 5 oct 1947 to Angelo Rgidio MARINI, born on 31 oct 1925 in Picinisco. Maria was born on 5 March 1927 in Picinisco also.
They had these children Domenico and Raffaele twins born in Sora, Frosinone, IT on 1 Aug 1948 and Antonio (Tony) born on 20 Dec 1954 in Picinisco, Frosinone, IT. The family went in USA on 1956 and lived in Dearborn, Michigan

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2546149
regards,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

This Maria Lanni married to Angelo E Marini died on 7 Feb 2009 in Dearborn, Wayne, Michigan

Marini, Angelo age 83 August 6, 2009 of Dearborn. Beloved husband of the late Maria. Loving father of Dominic (Pamela ) Marini, Raffaele ( Monica ) Marini and Antonio Marini. Also survived by 7 grandchildren and 8 great-grandchildren. Visitation at the Dearborn Chapel of the Voran Funeral Home Saturday 3-9 p.m. and Sunday 1-9 p.m. with a Rosary Sunday 7:00 p.m. Funeral Monday August 10, 2009 at St. Barbara Catholic Church. In state 9 a.m. until time of mass at 9:30 a.m.
https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/legac ... ujcnBszQm9

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
kmorelli96

Post by kmorelli96 »

1927 sounds like it could be the birth year (we think she was the eldest child but aren't 100% sure, unfortunately Giustina my aunt died a few years ago)! Thanks so much! I will ask my family if these names and places sound familiar!
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 10:07 Hi, I don't know if the below record could be your Maria, because you no provided birthyear, however a Maria nee Lanni married in Picinisco on 5 oct 1947 to Angelo Egidio MARINI, born on 31 oct 1925 in Picinisco. Maria was born on 5 March 1927 in Picinisco also.
They had these children Domenico and Raffaele twins born in Sora, Frosinone, IT on 1 Aug 1948 and Antonio (Tony) born on 20 Dec 1954 in Picinisco, Frosinone, IT. The family went in USA on 1956 and lived in Dearborn, Michigan

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... cc=2546149
regards,
suanj

Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

There was no ANtonio born in Picinisco around 1851.
There was a Raffaele but he was son of Domenico.
The Boccarossa family in Picinisco were originally from Settefrati.
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.
kmorelli96

Post by kmorelli96 »

Italysearcher wrote: 05 Nov 2021, 17:52 There was no ANtonio born in Picinisco around 1851.
There was a Raffaele but he was son of Domenico.
The Boccarossa family in Picinisco were originally from Settefrati.
Ah, would it perhaps be worth checking from Settefrati then? I have found records of Antonio Bockross (Boccarossa) in England in 1911 born c. 1951 living with his son Domenico (b. 1889) which is where I got the name Antonio from.
Italysearcher
Master
Master

Post by Italysearcher »

Try Settefrati. Unfortunately the records don't appear to be indexed!
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it ... iewsIndex=
Ann Tatangelo
http://angelresearch.net
Dual citizenship assistance, and document acquisition, on-site genealogical research in Lazio, Molise, Latina and Cosenza. Land record searches and succession.