Thanks for the information, Peter.
I've sent you a PM, Miss Pellegrin.
Search found 12 matches
- 12 Jul 2004, 22:28
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cacurri Calabria??
- Replies: 40
- Views: 70628
- 06 Jul 2004, 19:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
Okay, now, I'm sorry to keep bugging you guys with questions, but do you know the origin of the name Drago? And what does it translate into?
- 06 Jul 2004, 18:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
I was thanking both of you, actually. Sorry if it sounded like I wasn't.
- 06 Jul 2004, 14:50
- Forum: Italian History & Culture
- Topic: Coat of arms
- Replies: 6
- Views: 12776
Re: Coat of arms
I have a Massaro that married into my family. If you want, I can ask him about his family and see what he remembers. And are you sure your grandparents can't remember much? You don't want to press them, but they can still be good sources of information.
- 06 Jul 2004, 14:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
- 06 Jul 2004, 03:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
Thanks for clearing that up.
For my last question, do you think that the family Calvi was named after the town of Calvi? Or was the town of Calvi named after the family? Thanks.
For my last question, do you think that the family Calvi was named after the town of Calvi? Or was the town of Calvi named after the family? Thanks.
- 03 Jul 2004, 16:33
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
Hmmm...I believe I found something in the LDS Family History Library for the Drago side of the family. Has anyone heard of places in Reggio Calabria called "S. Martino" and "Sinopoli"? And if so, are they close to Crotone? Thanks!
- 03 Jul 2004, 15:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
Yes! That is the Teresa I'm looking for. Thank you. Looks like I was wrong about her getting married in Italy.
The ship manifests over at Ellis Island say that my great-grandfather came from a place called Martones in Reggio Calabria. Is this an actual city today?
The ship manifests over at Ellis Island say that my great-grandfather came from a place called Martones in Reggio Calabria. Is this an actual city today?
- 03 Jul 2004, 04:40
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
All right, the town of origin was Reggio di Calabria. How can I obtain the names of my great-grandfather's parents from here? Do I have to go to Italy or can I write the city from the United States?
- 03 Jul 2004, 03:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Re: Calvi
I am looking for the history of the name Calvi, if anyone knows anything about it. Was the surname named for the town or was the town named for the family?
I'm also trying to find my great-grandfather's parents' names, but I'm at a loss for how to do so.
I'm also trying to find my great-grandfather's parents' names, but I'm at a loss for how to do so.
- 02 Jul 2004, 20:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Cacurri Calabria??
- Replies: 40
- Views: 70628
Cacurri Calabria??
Hello all,
My great-grandmother Theresa Drago Calvi came from a place called Cacurri Calabria, but I've searched all over and cannot find such a place.
Is it possible that the name has been changed? And if so, how can I find this place today?
My great-grandmother Theresa Drago Calvi came from a place called Cacurri Calabria, but I've searched all over and cannot find such a place.
Is it possible that the name has been changed? And if so, how can I find this place today?
- 02 Jul 2004, 20:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Calvi
- Replies: 23
- Views: 27993
Calvi
Hello all,
I'm trying to research my paternal grandfather's family, but I really have very little information, so I'm kind of stuck.
My great-grandfather's name was Giacomo Calvi (born 1884), and he was born and raised in Reggio di Calabria. He married a woman named Theresa Drago (born 1891), who ...
I'm trying to research my paternal grandfather's family, but I really have very little information, so I'm kind of stuck.
My great-grandfather's name was Giacomo Calvi (born 1884), and he was born and raised in Reggio di Calabria. He married a woman named Theresa Drago (born 1891), who ...