Search found 8 matches
- 28 Jul 2014, 20:01
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Deanne, do you still come onto this site? I am just now back at it and realized that you must be Lois' daughter. Don't have much new info, but your Grandfathers given name was Enrico
- 15 May 2011, 16:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Wow, I haven't been on this site in a while. What a pleasant surprise to see your post. I've recently had the urge to pick up the research again. I don't have much, but will share what I know. I'm living with Mom in Clearwater, Fl.
Mike B
Mike B
- 27 Jul 2004, 23:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Thanks Suanj
On closer look at manifest there is definitely an "l" in the name.
You seem very knowledgeable on locations.
I have a document from my Grandmother that says her father(Rafaelle Moscariello) was born on the Rue del Monde, Angri.
I can't find anything at all about Rue del Monde.
Have you ...
On closer look at manifest there is definitely an "l" in the name.
You seem very knowledgeable on locations.
I have a document from my Grandmother that says her father(Rafaelle Moscariello) was born on the Rue del Monde, Angri.
I can't find anything at all about Rue del Monde.
Have you ...
- 27 Jul 2004, 21:28
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
to Essgee, just wanted to thank you again. Thanks to your info, I found a Michele Matteis traveling with his son Antonio on the Patria , May of 1896.
They were from what looks like Casavatore and their ages were 42 and 16 which coincide with the census info you provided. So at least now I have a ...
They were from what looks like Casavatore and their ages were 42 and 16 which coincide with the census info you provided. So at least now I have a ...
- 23 Jul 2004, 05:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Wow, Thank you so much. These are definitely my people.
My great grandmother Vincenza was called "Jennie" and I know she was only 14 when she got married. And I knew there was a James that was a cousin. This is a great help and I really appreciate the research.
God Bless
Mike B :
My great grandmother Vincenza was called "Jennie" and I know she was only 14 when she got married. And I knew there was a James that was a cousin. This is a great help and I really appreciate the research.
God Bless
Mike B :
- 19 Jul 2004, 11:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Unfortunately I don't have much info
They had to come before 1905 since my Grandfather was born in Raritan, NJ 1905.
The Ellis Island records may have some missing manifests.
My other Great Grandparents Moscariello were married in NY 1905
And I can only find them comming back from Italy 1912. They ...
They had to come before 1905 since my Grandfather was born in Raritan, NJ 1905.
The Ellis Island records may have some missing manifests.
My other Great Grandparents Moscariello were married in NY 1905
And I can only find them comming back from Italy 1912. They ...
- 18 Jul 2004, 16:03
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Re: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Thanks, I already checked out the Ellis Island records
Am thinking they came in through another port
Am thinking they came in through another port
- 17 Jul 2004, 10:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Matteis/ Raritan NJ
- Replies: 19
- Views: 17574
Matteis/ Raritan NJ
Anyone have any info on this name and location.
My Great Grandparents were Antonio Matteis and Vincenza Braca.
I believe the name was De Matteis before comming to US
Their son Michael Alexander Matteis was my Grandfather b1905
Thanks
Mike B
My Great Grandparents were Antonio Matteis and Vincenza Braca.
I believe the name was De Matteis before comming to US
Their son Michael Alexander Matteis was my Grandfather b1905
Thanks
Mike B