Search found 6 matches

by DonC
23 Jun 2023, 20:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Qualify for Dual Citizenship
Replies: 5
Views: 3162

Re: Qualify for Dual Citizenship

"I don't know what would count as 'renouncing Italian citizenship'"

I believe in the course of the naturalization process an applicant must explicitly renounce a previous citizenship. I have document called a "Declaration of Intention" that my grandfather submitted preparatory to becoming a citizen ...
by DonC
01 Feb 2008, 23:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Replies: 5
Views: 5601

Re: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri

Wow! Thank you to everyone! You've given me a whole lot more material to get started again!

Don
by DonC
01 Feb 2008, 20:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri
Replies: 5
Views: 5601

Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri, Filangieri

I'll try this again, hoping there are new members.

Looking for any information about any of the surnames in the subject line. Sofia, Potenzano and Palmieri are all associated with Palermo and Termini in the late 19th C. Catuogno is associated with Naples and nearby San Rocco at about the same time ...
by DonC
24 Feb 2006, 09:22
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri
Replies: 3
Views: 7786

Surnames Potenzano, Sofia, Palmieri

I'll try this again, hoping there are new members.

Looking for any information about any of the surnames in the subject line. Sofia , Potenzano and Palmieri are all associated with Palermo and Termini in the late 19th C. Catuogno is associated with Naples and nearby San Rocco at about the same ...
by DonC
27 Jan 2005, 05:15
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Sofia from Sicily; Potenzano and Palmieri from Termini
Replies: 3
Views: 4354

Sofia from Sicily; Potenzano and Palmieri from Termini

I've tried this before with limited success, but I'll try again.

Looking for Sofia from Palermo; Potenzano and Palmieri from Termini; Catuogno. Seminole and Martini from Naples or San Rocco.
by DonC
23 Aug 2004, 05:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surnames Sofia, Potenzano, Palmieri, Catuogno
Replies: 3
Views: 4845

Surnames Sofia, Potenzano, Palmieri, Catuogno

Looking for any information about any of the surnames in the subject line. Sofia , Potenzano and Palmieri are all associated with Palermo and Termini in the late 19th C. Catuogno is associated with Naples and nearby San Rocco at about the same time.

The Sofias emigrated to Ellis Island in August ...