Search found 7 matches

by potf
23 Sep 2004, 15:01
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Re: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Amazingly I found on the Internet the other day a photograph of one of
the houses where Francis and his family actually lived! On the same site there was also a photograph of his mothers shop.

It would appear the family remained in Leeds. I believe with the Valentine's ice cream company running ...
by potf
06 Sep 2004, 14:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Re: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Many thanks suanj and ptimber.

I'll keep trying and will post here as and when I come up with anything!
by potf
06 Sep 2004, 14:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Re: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Many thanks suanj and ptimber.

I'll keep trying and will post here as and when I come up with anything!
by potf
05 Sep 2004, 16:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Professional Genealogy Research Help!
Replies: 136
Views: 120978

Re: Professional Genealogy Research Help!

Yes please!

:D
by potf
05 Sep 2004, 16:46
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Re: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Thanks again suanj!
:D

I got the information or place "Chiacio" passed from a friend who had taken it from the UK 1881 census. Although the writing could have been difficult to read - it could possibly be something different.

At the age of 21, Louis was lodging in Manchester with a family called ...
by potf
05 Sep 2004, 12:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Re: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Many thanks Suanj!
:D

Its bizarre but this could have some connection.

The Louis Valentine I'm interested in (or more so his son, Francis) WAS born in 1859! Going by our 1901 census, Louis was married to a Bradford born lady, Mary. In 1901 they were living in Stamford Street, Leeds. I believe ...
by potf
04 Sep 2004, 16:18
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18
Replies: 9
Views: 11470

Pte 17195 Francis VALENTINE. Died 23/03/18

Pte Francis VALENTINE was in the 1st Btn Gordon Highlanders. He died on 23/03/18, in France, aged just 19 years. He is buried in Bac-Du-Sud cemetary. He was the son of Louis and Mary VALENTINE. Louis was born in Chiacio (?). By the time he was 21 he was an Italian immigrant, an ice cream ...