Here's a forum in Portomaggiore where you could post some questions: http://webtool.html.it/servizi2/forum/n ... umid=18997
Victor
Search found 22 matches
- 08 Oct 2004, 16:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: some pix ive found in my research
- Replies: 41
- Views: 35065
- 02 Oct 2004, 20:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Would someone help me translate this?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 17567
Re: Would someone help me translate this?
Thanks Victor! I've pretty much got the basics - names, dates, etc. You're right, the translation programs can be a little confusing. Now I'm trying to figure out more of the littler details. In the Sarezzo22 document, there is a paragraph about a nun, Camilla Bolognini - what exactly did she do ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 07:46
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Torna A Sorrento translation
- Replies: 9
- Views: 26584
Re: Torna A Sorrento translation
I like Renato Carosone and Domenico Modugno
Victor
Victor
- 01 Oct 2004, 07:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Would someone help me translate this?
- Replies: 10
- Views: 17567
Re: Would someone help me translate this?
Hello. I have found some documents online that are in Italian and I know to contain information on my family line. I can discern most of it but am lost on the finer points. Can anyone help me? Here is where they can be found: http://www.comune.sarezzo.bs.it/storiasarezzo23.htm, http://www.comune ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 06:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Origin of name Brolo
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11468
Re: Origin of name Brolo
The Brolo name is found in the town of Arzignano in Venezia. If this is the town of your ancestors, the civil records are on microfilm at the Family History Library anc cover from 1806 to 1909. You can rent the films for a small fee and find all the birth, marriage, and death records for your ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 06:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
I talked to a guy from Sicilia once, and he said that his name got a negative reaction from northern Italians because it was very obviously a southern Italian name. He said that northern Italians look down their noses at the impoverished south.
I don't know if this goes as a rule but it is worth ...
I don't know if this goes as a rule but it is worth ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 06:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
I fully agree with that, I'm tired of being judged by a name and it makes me even more determined to proudly display it to the world because when I achieve something big, credit will be given where credit is due. I also never liked the custom of anglicizing names because our collective contribution ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 06:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Origin of name Brolo
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11468
Re: Origin of name Brolo
I love you too!ptimber wrote:The ones you don't have??? Peter
Victor
- 01 Oct 2004, 06:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
Had you spent more time studying genealogy you would not have to make inquiries reagrding your own family genealogy. Any connectionbetween your reality and mine is purely coincidental. Your whiney-butt intellectual comments about genealogy and those of your ilk are nothing more than the screw up ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:58
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Origin of name Brolo
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11468
Re: Origin of name Brolo
But "grappa" will surely get your neurons!!!!ptimber wrote:On the other hand port wine gives me gas!!!!!!!Peter
Victor
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
I agree, but I want to benefit from the knowledge of other people (including YOU); I find I learn the most from those that challenge me the most, be it positive or negative.ptimber wrote:What is this. This forum is not flypaper for freaks!. Peter
Victor
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
It has everything to do with genealogy. It is learning about the people and the past. It is learning abut a different way our ancestors communicated with one another
I agree, because it might throw light onto the present communication or lack thereof. Unfortunately, there isn't much ...
I agree, because it might throw light onto the present communication or lack thereof. Unfortunately, there isn't much ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
Thank you for your recommendations, I'll definitely look into the work of Robert Lumley and Jane Schneider. I don't mind if their books might slant a little in favor of the South of Italy, I do find that almost everything I hear has a Northern bias and that is one of the reasons I'm trying to ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
- Replies: 33
- Views: 29315
Re: Can you tell what part of Italy I am by the last name?
Thank you for your concern. Here's what I said to Peter in another thread about the origins of my family name "Brolo":
"Sorry I brought up a subject that needs to be talked about in the open instead of being a forbidden discourse; I'm all for the free flow of ideas and this is a "Forum" not a ...
"Sorry I brought up a subject that needs to be talked about in the open instead of being a forbidden discourse; I'm all for the free flow of ideas and this is a "Forum" not a ...
- 01 Oct 2004, 05:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Origin of name Brolo
- Replies: 13
- Views: 11468
Re: Origin of name Brolo
Brolo is not listed as an Italian surname and is local in origin with local or foreign roots. Go to www.google.com and insert Brolo and the word genealogy for anyone doing or having done research on this surname. You are no doubtr not entirely Italian or may not be of Italian descent at all. There ...