Search found 105 matches
- 29 Aug 2025, 02:36
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Foglio Matricolare deciphering
- Replies: 2
- Views: 10568
Re: Foglio Matricolare deciphering
Thank you so much Mmogno. Are you able to make out the other two lines circled in red?
- 28 Aug 2025, 23:59
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Foglio Matricolare deciphering
- Replies: 2
- Views: 10568
Foglio Matricolare deciphering
Hello Forum!
I'm looking for help deciphering the handwriting written in red ink below the line "Giunto in territorio dichiarato in stato di guerra". I believe the first part of the red in reads "role nel Distretto..."
Thank you,
Robert
I'm looking for help deciphering the handwriting written in red ink below the line "Giunto in territorio dichiarato in stato di guerra". I believe the first part of the red in reads "role nel Distretto..."
Thank you,
Robert
- 22 Aug 2024, 04:55
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1361
Re: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
I'm sure there is no definitive answer as to the reason why the documents were sent back. But I agree that simply registering at the consulate is a likely explanation. If you're able to find anything more in the other documents , I appreciate anything new that you can share. Thank you.
- 21 Aug 2024, 18:38
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1361
Re: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
And attached is the birth entry for Raimondo Allegra.
Thank you,
Robert
Thank you,
Robert
- 21 Aug 2024, 18:37
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1361
Re: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
Thank you Mmgno and Cedrone. This was very helpful in allowing me to decipher two more similar records. Cedrone, I agree it's possible the family was not registered in the town or that they were returning to Italy for some reason. The two other similar records I've seen are a birth certificate for ...
- 17 Aug 2024, 16:07
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
- Replies: 7
- Views: 1361
Constantinople or Messina marriage cert
Hello Forum!
I would really appreciate your help in understanding this entry from the 1881 civil marriage records of Messina. I would like to know if this marriage extract from 1849 happened in Messina and a copy of it was requested from Constantinople, or if the marriage occurred in Constantinople ...
I would really appreciate your help in understanding this entry from the 1881 civil marriage records of Messina. I would like to know if this marriage extract from 1849 happened in Messina and a copy of it was requested from Constantinople, or if the marriage occurred in Constantinople ...
- 02 Nov 2023, 16:00
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Avvocata (quartiere) Napoli - marriage notation deciphering help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 566
Re: Avvocata (quartiere) Napoli - marriage notation deciphering help
Thank you, Pippo! This was extremely helpful.
- 02 Nov 2023, 03:34
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Avvocata (quartiere) Napoli - marriage notation deciphering help
- Replies: 2
- Views: 566
Avvocata (quartiere) Napoli - marriage notation deciphering help
Wondering if someone could please help improve on my deciphering for the marriage notation in the left hand margin of this second page of Pasquale Giuliano's birth act.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua17181955/wRWbPDx
Below is my interpretation:
"L'anno milleottocento settanta ...
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12657/an_ua17181955/wRWbPDx
Below is my interpretation:
"L'anno milleottocento settanta ...
- 12 Dec 2021, 23:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translation help with 17th Century Letter - Trentino region
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3191
Translation help with 17th Century Letter - Trentino region
Hello Forum!
I would very much appreciate help translating this letter. If not full translation I would appreciate a summary of what the letter is about. I believe this is a letter from Eusebio Micheli to the Count of Valer Castle in Trentino requesting an audience to speak with him regarding ...
I would very much appreciate help translating this letter. If not full translation I would appreciate a summary of what the letter is about. I believe this is a letter from Eusebio Micheli to the Count of Valer Castle in Trentino requesting an audience to speak with him regarding ...
- 04 Jun 2021, 18:19
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering parents names on 18th century parish marriage record - Molise region
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1396
Re: Deciphering parents names on 18th century parish marriage record - Molise region
This is what I read:
Giusep(p)e Fiorillo ed Elisabetta M(astro)Dom(eni)co. Giuseppe figlio del q(uonda)m Raimo(n)do ed Elisabetta di Gioia
e d(ett)a (??) figlia di Gaetano e q(uonda)m Benedetta Mancino
Ah, yes! Raimondo! Thank you Pippo! I saw the 'do' but foolishly decided to ignore ...
- 04 Jun 2021, 05:05
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Deciphering parents names on 18th century parish marriage record - Molise region
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1396
Deciphering parents names on 18th century parish marriage record - Molise region
Hoping someone can help confirm my deciphering the parents names in this marriage record of Giuseppe Fiorillo and Elisabetta Mastrodomenico. I'm reading:
Giusep(p)e Fiorillo ed Elisabetta M(astro)Dom(eni)co. Giuseppe figlio del q(uonda)m Rosino
ed Elisabetta di Gioia e (??) figlia di Gaetano e q ...
Giusep(p)e Fiorillo ed Elisabetta M(astro)Dom(eni)co. Giuseppe figlio del q(uonda)m Rosino
ed Elisabetta di Gioia e (??) figlia di Gaetano e q ...
- 01 Jun 2021, 16:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2186
Re: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
Agreed. Thank you again MMogno!
- 31 May 2021, 16:16
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2186
Re: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
Can you please post a link to these documents?
Hi Mmogno - I always post a link when I can, but these images are from my own private collection and therefore not online.
I do believe I've determined the name from another document in my collection which I'm attaching here. Capo is the only ...
- 31 May 2021, 03:18
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2186
Re: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
Thank you Mmogno. This was extremely helpful! Do you have an idea of the priest's full name? I've attached another part of the same document with the name written a few times. I see:
Don Domenico Cape(?) Arciprete
Don Domenico Cape(?) Arciprete
- 30 May 2021, 16:29
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2186
Transcription help of 17th century death record from Molise region
Hello forum!
I would very much appreciate if someone would help correct my attempted transcription of the attached death record for Clemente Fiorillo of San Giovanni in Galdo in 1699.
Thank you in advance!
My transcription:
65 Clemente Fiorillo 22 ???
A di diecinove del mese di Setembre mille ...
I would very much appreciate if someone would help correct my attempted transcription of the attached death record for Clemente Fiorillo of San Giovanni in Galdo in 1699.
Thank you in advance!
My transcription:
65 Clemente Fiorillo 22 ???
A di diecinove del mese di Setembre mille ...