Birth records would be located in the Los Angeles County records.
Temple City seem to have it's own school district. The high school there is Temple City High School: 9501 E. LEMON AVE., TEMPLE CITY CA 91780-1305 Phone number: 626-548-5113
Web site for the school district: http://www.melissadata ...
Search found 25 matches
- 16 Jun 2005, 05:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Does Myrtus Av. still exist in CA???
- Replies: 97
- Views: 89959
- 25 May 2005, 20:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19874
Re: D'URSO, DI GESI
Thank you for posting these instructins! They will be very usefull when I feel ready to 'jump' the search to Italy! I will use them for sure!
I spent a couple of hours at the Family History Center yesterday. I was amazed at the amount of information they have here. It is very large, when compared ...
I spent a couple of hours at the Family History Center yesterday. I was amazed at the amount of information they have here. It is very large, when compared ...
- 25 May 2005, 20:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Carmella Della Castello
- Replies: 23
- Views: 31101
Re: Carmella Della Castello
I was unable to find Virgilio Sozio in either the 1920 or the 1930 census, so I thought I'd try Carmella. I found Carmella married to James in Bristol, PA (which I know from speaking to Peg is where the family should be in 1930)
James' occupation is Moulder in Foundry
James and Carmella were ...
James' occupation is Moulder in Foundry
James and Carmella were ...
- 18 May 2005, 13:41
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19874
Re: Looking for a starting point
I am planning a trip to the Family History Library to see if I can find the information on Nicolo and Nunzia Durso. I think I am looking for the right Microfilm, but since this is the first time I have tried this, I would appreciate a little guidance!
I looked at the catalog on line, and found the ...
I looked at the catalog on line, and found the ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 08:33
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19874
Re: Looking for a starting point
This post has been copied from it's original site on the Italian Geneology Forum in order to keep everything together. Thanks again for all the help!
Essgee wrote:
How about telling us where Saverio was in the US? Did he remain here or go back to his wife in Italy? What were the names of the ...
Essgee wrote:
How about telling us where Saverio was in the US? Did he remain here or go back to his wife in Italy? What were the names of the ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 08:16
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19874
Re: Looking for a starting point
This family does get more and more interesting...
but please stick to this "thread"... I have been jumping from post to post...
:P mfjp[/quote]
Thank you so much for all the information you and sunj have found! I'm sorry I didn't see this post before I put another note on the Italian Geneology ...
but please stick to this "thread"... I have been jumping from post to post...
:P mfjp[/quote]
Thank you so much for all the information you and sunj have found! I'm sorry I didn't see this post before I put another note on the Italian Geneology ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 07:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12237
Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
Hi Carol: an Saverio D'Urso from Toritto came in 1902, age 40... can be??? see please( the name is very mistaken, but from reading of ship's manifest really is Saverio D'Urso from Toritto):
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06831962910267055616&LNM=DIURSO&PLNM=DIURSO&RF=29&pID ...
http://www.ellisisland.org/search/shipmanifest.asp?MID=06831962910267055616&LNM=DIURSO&PLNM=DIURSO&RF=29&pID ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 07:21
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12237
Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
How about telling us where Saverio was in the US? Did he remain here or go back to his wife in Italy? What were the names of the children who arrived in 1909?
If we can find him in the census, we might be able to tell when he arrived. Did he go by a different name then Saverio? There are no ...
If we can find him in the census, we might be able to tell when he arrived. Did he go by a different name then Saverio? There are no ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 06:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12237
Re: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
This is not the D'urso I am looking for. He came first, alone, two of his children came here to meet him, leaving Maria in Italy in 1909.DonnaPellegrin wrote:Have you ruled out the manifest for Stefano D'Urso who arrived from Toritto in 1905 at age 54 with his wife, Maria?
- 08 Apr 2005, 07:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Looking for Saverio D'Urso
- Replies: 10
- Views: 12237
Looking for Saverio D'Urso
I am looking for information on Saverio D'Urso from Toritto, Bari. I have been unable to find his manifest in the Ellis Island Records.
I know he left his wife Maria Francesca DiGesi with at least three children in Italy.
I know he arrived before 1909 because I have found the manifest of his ...
I know he left his wife Maria Francesca DiGesi with at least three children in Italy.
I know he arrived before 1909 because I have found the manifest of his ...
- 20 Mar 2005, 08:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Saverio, or Savier D'urso
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4703
Saverio, or Savier D'urso
I have been looking throught the Ellis Island records for Savier (Xavier) D'urso who imigrated to the US from Toritto, Bari sometime between 1900 and 1909. Thanks to the help of this forum I believe I have located two of his three children who left their mother Maria DiGesi in Toritto to join their ...
- 13 Mar 2005, 22:50
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: D'URSO, DI GESI
- Replies: 18
- Views: 19874
Re: Looking for a starting point
My search has become more complicated!
A Nunzia D'urso (16 yr old) traveling with a Nicolo D'urso (12 yr old) has been found leaving mother Maria Di Gesi in Toritto, Italy to meet father Savier D'urso in New York in April, 1909. This sounds much more like the Nunzia I have been looking for, but I ...
A Nunzia D'urso (16 yr old) traveling with a Nicolo D'urso (12 yr old) has been found leaving mother Maria Di Gesi in Toritto, Italy to meet father Savier D'urso in New York in April, 1909. This sounds much more like the Nunzia I have been looking for, but I ...
- 13 Mar 2005, 22:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Church in Toritto, Bari
- Replies: 4
- Views: 15895
Re: Church in Toritto, Bari
Thank you for your help! I found it
Carol
Carol
- 08 Mar 2005, 07:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname help please....Di Gieso
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9449
Re: Surname help please....Di Gieso
In speaking to my mother in law last night she informed me that her mother did have a younger sister Frances (Franscesca sp?) who died before Mom was born. She says she was named for this sister. I had thought she had died in Italy, but was told last night that in fact she died after coming to the ...
- 08 Mar 2005, 07:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname help please....Di Gieso
- Replies: 11
- Views: 9449
Re: Surname help please....Di Gieso
I receved this note when I posted a note to Ellis Island requesting clarification of the Nengia D'urso record. I followed the directions and I did find the 1st page of the manifest.
Good news! I may have found your ancestors. To view the manifest you go to www.jewishgen.org Scroll down to HOSTED ...
Good news! I may have found your ancestors. To view the manifest you go to www.jewishgen.org Scroll down to HOSTED ...