Search found 4 matches
- 15 Mar 2005, 07:11
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Say it ain't so...
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6202
Re: Say it ain't so...
Ooops, I mean... "naturalized" per se... 
- 15 Mar 2005, 07:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Say it ain't so...
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6202
Re: Say it ain't so...
Yeah, that is my understanding of the law. My grandmother was never "naturalized" per say, she is a natural-born US cit. and has never renounced her Italian cit., so has been a dual the whole time...

- 13 Mar 2005, 18:15
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Say it ain't so...
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6202
Re: Say it ain't so...
Yeah, thanks Jim, my great grandfather emigrated to the US in 1907, married and had my grandmother in 1913 (making her a dual Italia/US national via jus soli and jure sanguinis) and he wasn't naturalized until 1916, my mother wasn't born until 1949...
I'm glad to hear that the deadline is a rumor ...
I'm glad to hear that the deadline is a rumor ...
- 13 Mar 2005, 04:21
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Say it ain't so...
- Replies: 6
- Views: 6202
Say it ain't so...
I just discovered that I'm an Italian citizen --though unrecognized-- this week... I've always been proud of my Sicilian heritage, and I am gathering the documents now. So I saw an allusion or two to a "make or break" date of Dec. 2005... As in after that date one cant be recognized, is there any ...