Search found 11 matches
- 15 Jun 2005, 02:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor
- Replies: 2
- Views: 5254
Birth certificate from Md. of a deceased ancestor
I finally got my moms birth certificate from the State of Maryland. Their policy is once a person has died, no one can get the birth certificate. Probably the only state in this country that has that rule. After being told a number of times from a number of people that it was impossible and just ...
- 14 May 2005, 17:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Citizenship - Obtaining Death Certificates from NY
- Replies: 4
- Views: 6695
Re: Italian Citizenship - Obtaining Death Certificates from
I just got back from the Phila Consulate. Maryland is one of those states that refuses to give a birth certificate of a person who has died. Phila said that if I send a formal letter to the Vital Statics stating what I need, the consulate would accept a statement from the State on their letter head ...
- 12 Apr 2005, 14:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16784
Re: Scilipoti- Sicily
suanj
Where did you get the info on Domenica's dob? We have always celebrated it on April 1. Thanks,
Where did you get the info on Domenica's dob? We have always celebrated it on April 1. Thanks,
- 04 Apr 2005, 15:27
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Copy of Birth Certificate
- Replies: 2
- Views: 4903
Copy of Birth Certificate
I am applying for dual citizenship through my mothers father. I need a birth certificate of my mom who is deceased. In the state of Maryland the Vital Statistics do not issue copies of a deceased persons birth certificate. All I have is a short form. Does anyone know if this will be acceptable. If ...
- 31 Mar 2005, 16:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16784
Re: Scilipoti- Sicily
Thanks Suanj,
Guido was a single man when he came to America. He married in Baltimore 18AUG1924 to an American citizen. His dob is 3Oct1898 provincia of Ascoli Piceno, Sant'Elpidio a Mare.
I don't know for a fact that the Attillo that came in 1920 to be his brother. I just did the math and this ...
Guido was a single man when he came to America. He married in Baltimore 18AUG1924 to an American citizen. His dob is 3Oct1898 provincia of Ascoli Piceno, Sant'Elpidio a Mare.
I don't know for a fact that the Attillo that came in 1920 to be his brother. I just did the math and this ...
- 31 Mar 2005, 06:22
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Fedeli - Dual Citizenship
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3548
Fedeli - Dual Citizenship
Thanks to all for the help on nonna Scilipoti.
Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.
Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.
Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
- 31 Mar 2005, 06:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16784
Scilipoti / Fedeli
Thanks to all for the help on nonna Scilipoti.
Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.
Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
Still haven't gotten her birth certificate but am getting closer.
Through this research I found I am eligible for dual citizenship on my maternal grandfathers side. His name is Guido Fedeli. I have his birth certificate, naturalization paper, death ...
- 21 Mar 2005, 04:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16784
Re: Scilipoti- Sicily
Thanks much for the info. I have copied and will hit the family center nearest me.
I have my grandmothers SSN. I understand I can get her SS5 for $27. Has anyone actually gotten one of these for their ancestors? If so, did it have the names of the applicants parents?
I have my grandmothers SSN. I understand I can get her SS5 for $27. Has anyone actually gotten one of these for their ancestors? If so, did it have the names of the applicants parents?
- 18 Mar 2005, 20:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Scilipoti- Sicily
- Replies: 14
- Views: 16784
Scilipoti- Sicily
I am looking for the family of Scilipoti Domenica directly from Bafia Sicily, but may have been born in the neighboring Castroreale or Barcellona. Married to Scilipoti, Mario. I have his family but cannot locate her, partially because I don't know her parents. Domenica's maiden name is Scilipoti as ...
- 18 Mar 2005, 20:20
- Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage tatt
- Replies: 25
- Views: 240077
Re: Italian Symbol for a tattoo or pics of italian heritage
My brother has a great tat with the red italian horn and the man sitting on top of it, notable in the Naples region.
- 18 Mar 2005, 19:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Nicosia family
- Replies: 50
- Views: 51490
Re: Nicosia family
My family is from Sicily as well. Bafia, Castroreale and Barcellona area. Can't help much with Canada unless they came by way of New York. www.ellisislandrecords.com is just a priceless website for searching immigrants.