Search found 5 matches

by kabor2
06 Jun 2006, 21:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy
Replies: 13
Views: 24895

Re: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy

research by Istituto Genealogico Italiano tells me that the name of Toce
was changed by some of the Toccio-Tocco to Toce when they came from
Albania and Epirus around 1500 ...moved to south Italy, Apulia, Calabria,
Basilicata and Sicily and also northern Italy near the River Toce and
around 1850 ...
by kabor2
06 Jun 2006, 03:43
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy
Replies: 13
Views: 24895

Re: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy

Thank You ....I well look that up....the family came to US about 1880
Giuseppe granddaughter Teresa Matarese who married Nicola A. Toce,
a cousin 4th removed, moved to Hatford Conn. then Mass.
by kabor2
06 Jun 2006, 01:20
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy
Replies: 13
Views: 24895

Re: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy

I'm using everything I can... there was a family book that I have part of it
and looking for the other tlttle of Genealogy: Sagarino-Toce and Emma-
Motta .... don't have Town names
by kabor2
06 Jun 2006, 00:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy
Replies: 13
Views: 24895

Toce family from Corleto Perticara, Basilicata Italy

looking for any help with this surname..as far as I can go is
Giuseppe Nicola Toce .. b...1791 .. married Lady Angela Scelta 1826